Wednesday, July 15, 2020

As my mother told me...

Got the headline off Insty. He uses it for occasions like this.

I WAS TOLD THIS WAS ABOUT CONFEDERATE GENERALS: Vandals behead statue at Chattanooga Catholic church before Saturday Mass services.

My mother was born in late 1909 and saw the rise and fall of the resurgent KKK. She used to say there was a joke that the letters stood for Kikes, Katholics, and Koloreds.

And so it is again. By exactly the same crowd. They'll say it's about oppression, but who gets oppressed?

And, you'll be interested to know, the city of Asheville NC has voted "reparations" in the form of investments in housing, health care and career growth. Why does the face of Jessuh Jackson appear before me as I consider this?

For those who dare question this appropriation of their tax money, the answer is, "[Slavery] is this institution that serves as the starting point for the building of the strong economic floor for white America, while attempting to keep Blacks subordinate forever to its progress".

And my reading of history was the slave-holding South was stagnating while the industrial North and free West were growing.

It's going to be interesting to follow the money.

No comments: