Thursday, October 10, 2019

What the NBA has lost.



I was a New York Knicks fan for forty five years. I had season tickets for twenty. Spent thousands every year for two tickets. Had them through the entire Patrick Ewing Era. Got them when we drafted him. Got rid of them two years after he was gone.

I gradually drifted away from the game. The game I was obsessed with as a kid. The game I used to live for playing pick up games all summer long in Carroll Park or down near Fort Hamilton. Some seasons I haven't seen even one game. Once they started bringing in entitled losers like Carmelo Anthony they lost me.

Now the NBA is showing how far they have  fallen when they kowtow to China about the Hong Kong bullshit. They put a muzzle on their coaches and players so as not to upset their rice bowl. Bigmouths like Steve Kerr and Popovich from the Spurs who never miss a step in denouncing my President have nothing to say. Assholes like LeBron James who have no problem dissing the flag and the police are silent when the commies attack and murder protestors. It shows what complete and utter pieces of shit they are.

All I have left is the good memories of players like Anthony Mason who came out of the minor leagues to star and stymie people like Michael Jordan. His hard nose violent play was my style. Unfortunately he is dead. Just like the NBA is too me. Dead. Dead as Anthony Mason.

2 comments:

ricpic said...

I remember Harry Gallatin under the boards fighting for every rebound. Then it all fades........

Amartel said...

Yet another corporate brand beholden to oppressive fascism. That I won't miss at all.
Maybe get out there and actually get a group together and play basketball instead of sitting on our butts watching these preening overpaid shills.