Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Grilled Cheese Scene - and tomato soup....perfect for a cold rainy day!



This is a superb grilled cheese sandwich from the movie "Chef" which is pretty good. It is about a Chef who is obessed with his food and flies across country to pick up a food truck and all confusion that entails. Lots of good scenes about cooking.

Anyhoo today it was cold and rainy in New York so I decided to make my favorite. Tomato soup and grilled cheese.

Now this does not look anywhere as good as the one in the movie. I used gluten free bread and Trader Joe's Tomato and Pepper Soup but I enjoyed it. I sprayed the pan with Trader Joe's Olive Oil instead of using all that delicious butter. Yes I love butter. I just can't eat it the way I used to.

So if you are going to make a grilled cheese use Jon's technique and enjoy it for me.


4 comments:

windbag said...

He didn't put mustard on it. What gives?

chickelit said...

Mustard is for brats, not grilled cheese. Good sliced pickles are an allowed condiment with grilled cheese. Take it from an ex-cheesehead.

(I'll try it, though :)

chickelit said...

The crunchy crust is the essential part. Does olive oil do that too? Yes, it probably does.

What kind of cheese did you use, Troop?

MamaM said...

Question: Do Vlasic Sweet Pickles make it into the allowed condiment category?

Little Girl Voice: "Mmmmm I hope so, cuz that's what I like!"

Plays tastiest crunch commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O4noF4fJfQ

Little Girl Voice, "Is that comfort food you're eating, Mr York?"

Mr York, with gusto: "You bet your sweet bippy, er...pickle, little girl. Is that red haired lady your mom?"

Little Girl Voice, triumphantly: "I thought so!"
(then more subdued) "Nope she's just a lady waiting for Mr Grit to stop playing Deep Fried Bingo and come back from the fair with the red ribbons he promised to match her hair."

MrYork: "Are you sure she's not waiting for a red letter? I'd be more than happy to pin her when I finish my soup!"

Little Girl Voice: "No it was ribbons. Have a good lunch Mr York, and thanks for sharing. After all those pictures of nasty women, a flying house, and the pope bending this way and that, I'm glad you found some nice soup to stir..