Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Cohen testimony

While Trump is in Hanoi doing something stupendous, history making in fact, something only he can do, and past presidents have proven this repeatedly by use of their limited means, that is the means of the entire United States government, and even more limited imaginations, the Left now barely in power by the House and by their pervasive presence in damaged State departments, uses all the coordinated malevolent dishonest means at their disposal which is considerable, and their even more limited imaginations to damage Trump to the fullest possible extent. Because they simply cannot have his success. They are cowards. Bully cowards, and they show that every hour each day.

In prayerful pose of meditative state that is beta brainwaves brought on by relaxing the body and deep steady breaths, something that never happened before happened now, a vision appeared in my room and actualized to near-solid form; of Jesus as hippy then speaking to me as adult to a child he said, right straight into my ears, "Bobby, don't listen those poopy-heads."

     "Is that all?"

"Yeah."

     "What should I actually do?"

"Nothing. About that. But not for me to say. Do anything. Anything you like. Tend to your garden. Watch NCSI on Netflix instead."

     "I saw all those already."

"Don't argue with me, Bobby. Watch them again. They'll hold up. Skip the episodes with Robert Wagner. Those are for old women, not you, and they add nothing to the series. Do anything that you want to do. For you see, Bobby, you cannot go wrong. And you and I must keep your soul childlike and tender."

     "What? Okay."

"Go on. Take a few pictures."

Then he disappeared before I could take a picture of him and the whole place became profoundly empty. The whole city. Not a sound. Like everyone, everything, paused. No racing the lights on Speer Blvd in the distance as usual. No car horns on Broadway. Nobody talking. I looked outside. No people walking the sidewalks as usual, nobody in the parking lot, not a single automobile moved. Nothing. Except vapor clouds out of pipes in the exterior walls showing how cold it is outside.

Best listen to Jesus when he bothers.

Plants from seeds.

Celery with pink stalks.

peas, beans, zucchini, melons, and such.

Blood-red carrots. 

Coleus.

Sunflowers, I think.


Beans with outrageous stripes.

12 comments:

edutcher said...

I can't wait for the next policy reform.

Infanticide, Green Deal, reparations (again)...

I guess Pelosi Galore wants to enjoy her Speakership for the year or so she has left

The Dude said...

I love bumblebees. I take the time to befriend them every year - did you know you can pet bumblebees? I can and do.

But I am with you on wasps and hornets - they sting like mofos. I still remember wasp stings from nearly 60 years ago. I abide no wasps upon my property or person.

ColoradoJim said...

Back when my Dad was a kid in Texas in the 1930s it was a thing to have a pet bee (I think bumblebee). You would tie a thread to the bee in some fashion and take a walk with it buzzing around or tie the other end of the thread to a post on your bed.

Dad Bones said...

I've more or less made my peace with bumblebees and have learned to coexist with them as they happily pollinate the few flowers in my back yard. Big bad ass country bumblebees down by the river are a different story. Walk a little too close to their underground bunker and one of them might come after you like an Apache helicopter just to let you know who's in charge.

The Dude said...

There are bumblebees and there are carpenter bees - the former, fairly placid - they go along and get along. The latter - well, some of them are like the Johnny Rotten of the bee community - untamable. Give them a wide berth.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carpenter_bee

The Dude said...

I like that story, Chip - you certainly have some high class visitors, just sayin'.

Rabel said...

A bumblebee stung my old man once on the back of his hand. It swoll up to a golf ball sized red knot. Maybe the only time I remember him showing signs of hurting. They've had my respect ever since.

Looks like I've got about 3 locations in the eaves and one at the top of the roof where it meets the chimney.

I'll try to murder a few of them and destroy their homes and seal the cracks next cold spell. Never seen so many active and buzzing around at the same time before.

Whose house?
My house!

Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz
OK. Maybe we can share.

ricpic said...

Bees can give you a nervous breakdown when they get inside the walls.
It's like the last straw, like palpitations when your estranged sister calls.

Dad Bones said...

That's what put the fear in me, Rabel. My dad was plowing a field and ripped open a nest of what he thought were bumblebees. They came after him and stung him quite badly on the neck and shoulders.

Sixty, the intimidating ones I mentioned were big, loud and much too fast to describe. While they may in fact be carpenter bees that name seems inappropriate, like calling an Army Ranger regiment the Carpenters. I do like your story about petting bumblebees. I'd never heard of anyone doing that.

The Dude said...

Carpenter bees fly into my open shop in the summer and buzz around the lights. They are very loud, the bees that is. Make a hell of racket. Makes me think I left a machine running or something. ZZZZZzzzzTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!! Gwan, scram, giddouttahyeah!

MamaM said...

The Bumbles we have in our area are very large and slow, almost drowsy acting. I'm guessing them to be the type that can be petted, though I haven't tried. Not yet anyway. Even when flying they appear overloaded. They're about an inch long and a 1/2 an inch wide and fuzzy. What I noticed this summer after the move, is an abundance of jewel-like dragonflies which were considered scary in childhood for their ability to sew lips shut.

MamaM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.