Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Ptahhotep Maxims, conclusion 7 of 7

Finally! The end of the end. And what a long row to hoe it's been.

This segment was actually fun. Each line is short and sweet.

* Act until you master says about you,
* "How good is he whom his father has taught!"
* When he emerged fro him, foremost of his body,
* he had told him completely while he was in the womb;
* what he has done is greater than what was said to him.
* Look, a good son of the god's giving,
* who has added to what he was told.
* His master has to have been doing Maat,
* for his mind has acted similarly according to his steps."
* You will reach me with your limbs sound,
* the king content with all that happens,
* and you will achieve years of life.
* What I have done on earth is not small:
*I have achieved on hundred and ten years of life
* of the king's giving to me blessings beyond those before,
* from doing Maat for the king to the state of honor.



But wait!

There's more.

Additionally, because scribes just cannot stop writing, there is a colophon. 

What the heck is a colophon? 

Look it up! Do I look like a dictionary?


2 comments:

ricpic said...

Chip, I know it's embarrassing to give praise as well as to receive it, but I have to say that your visuals are fantastic.

ampersand said...

Ancient Grammar Police and more.