Friday, January 11, 2019

KLEM FM

Overheard at Lem's:

Sixty Grit said...
I am back in ASL class and one of the movies assigned as homework is "Through Deaf Eyes". Your comment reminds me of that title. I also recommend that movie to anyone who wants to learn more about the deaf community.
Wasn't there an old song that had some lyrics involving seeing what someone heard? I will remember it eventually.
January 11, 2019 at 3:19 PM

Was it this?


_____________________
Classic Moon. I idolized Keith Moon in my teens.Well not the person but his attitude and style on the drums. But when I got a chance to see him play in 1976, he wasn't much like that. It was kind of like idolizing Marlon Brando and then getting a chance to meet him and he shows up looking like Marlon Brando did in "Apocalypse Now."

And I wrote about something fishy at that Who concert: Who played Madison?

10 comments:

rcommal said...

Wow, Chick. You still here?

rcommal said...

Thank you and yours so very much.

rcommal said...

"I’m Nobody! Who are you?
Are you – Nobody – too?
Then there’s a pair of us!
Don’t tell! they’d advertise – you know!

How dreary – to be – Somebody!
How public – like a Frog –
To tell one’s name – the livelong June –
To an admiring Bog!"

The Dude said...

Just the other day I started watching "The Kids Are Alright" on Netflix. Didn't make it too far in, just to Baba O'Riley. Then I had to go on my way, but those guys certainly were something.

chickelit said...

rcommal said...Thank you and yours so very much.

Back at you, r,l. And Happy New Year to you and yours.

MamaM said...

On a thread centered on deaf, blind and fishy, more wow, wonder and puzzlement appears!

Speaking of things present and unknown, I somehow remained clueless to the fact that the pinball wizard was deaf and blind until I read the lyrics, while knowing every time I heard it that he sure played a mean pinball.

Chip Ahoy said...

That's hilarious. "That deaf, dumb and blind kid sure plays a mean pinball" somehow didn't give it away.

chickelit said...

My favorite early The Who video, filmed about 12 years before I saw them in 1976: link

chickelit said...

"Pinball Wizard" was part of "The Who's" commercially successful "Tommy," which btw, I never owned.

One of the best Who songs which never really got a chance was called Pure And Easy. That song was supposed to have been showcased in a subsequent "rock opera" called "Lifehouse," but that project was aborted. You can hear strains of the "Pure And Easy" melody at the end of "The Song Is Over" on their 1971 album "Who's Next." I've wondered whether the cover art on "Who's Next" was a metaphor for the death of "Lifehouse." Anyway, the rest of the matter is still out there, orbiting "The Who's" star like a planet which fail to accrete.

chickelit said...

rcommal said...Wow, Chick. You still here?

Yes! And I presume you still have my number. We should chat sometime, though I'd prefer it if you'd text first instead of cold calling.