Saturday, October 13, 2018

Trump gives history lesson in his rally at Lebanon Ohio.

And liberal reporters think that's bizarre.

He also pointed to the very large group of reporters and the very large array of network cameras and referred to them all as "fake news" and relayed the type of distorted reporting they provide. Again. And here's Megan Sheets writing for Daily Mail proving his point. Again.

British Person, presumably, what's so bizarre about what Trump said about the American Civil War? That Robert E. Lee was a great general or that Grant was a drunk? Or is it that you simply don't like Trump nor the way that he talks to the crowds he attracts. They like him. A lot. And you not liking him is irrelevant.

Trump's Lebanon Ohio Speech. It's entertaining. In a huge hangar this time. Place was packed tight. Tremendous enthusiastic crowd. The acoustics is amazing. One of the best that I've seen and heard. People amassed outside the hangar. And if I was Democrat and I saw these crowds Trump is pulling in reliably and how they steadily grow, and what people put up with to see him,  I would S-H-plunger stick-T my pants.

I thought it was a little bit weird that his Lincoln anecdote about Grant differed from what I heard just the previous day. That's weird. Two days in a row.
And one day, it was looking really bad. And Lincoln just said: "You, hardly knew his name." And they said: "Don’t take him, he’s got a drinking problem." And Lincoln said: "I don’t care what problem he has. You guys aren’t winning."
The day before I read in comments that Lincoln said:
“you surprise me, gentlemen. But can you tell me where he gets his whiskey?” “We cannot, Mr. President. But why do you desire to know?” “Because, if I can only find out, I will send a barrel of this wonderful whiskey to every general in the army.”
A barrel! Wow, that's a lot. To share with the troops, no doubt. The story is probably apocryphal. But there is nothing bizarre about Trump telling it. He was fluffing up his Ohio audience. Reminding them of the great people that came from Ohio, he mentioned one of the two Harrisons but not the other that came from Ohio, and Grant and the Wright Brothers. I could be wrong, I was busy with something else, but I don't recall him mentioning Rutherford Hayes nor James Garfield, maybe they weren't great enough to be mentioned by Trump, but none of that is bizarre.

Had Obama given the same history lesson Megan Sheets would be creaming her iYYVV jeans.

1 comment:

edutcher said...

Rutherford Hayes and James Garfield are pretty obscure.

Even for Ohio.