Thursday, June 21, 2018

Denver declines hosting the 2020 Democrat convention.

We're busy.

Story at CNBC, they're quoting Denver Post, which is still a thing. Jeez, die already. Have you seen their paper? It's like 1/5 the thickness it used to be, and a lot more expensive. And they cannot tell a political story straight if they tried.

Too bad. The first Democrat convention for Obama was really fun. Man, those Democrats are rich. And I mean it. You will not find a more intense concentration of wealth. I've never seen anything like it. And I want to tell you something contrary to all that we know about them. They're lovely people. Every single one that I came into contact directly was kind and gracious and thoughtful to me one-on-one. They assumed I am Democrat, assumed by my canes I need help, assumed I am brave to put myself out there and show interest, assumed I'm a big ole honking stud because it was hot and I was walking around without a shirt on, they assumed I was interested in their pamphlets. Women walking side-by-side were situationally aware and broke it up so that I could pass by, repeatedly, gracious people reached out to assist me up a curb even though it's not needed, people cheered me along. Everybody was nice. Everybody was generous. Even the protestors were nice. They'd stop yelling to say a few words to me, even the people trying to levitate the US Mint, even the people protesting the appearance of Michelle Malkin. A young and very attractive woman with Code Pink dropped her little pink megaphone on the street and when I looked down and saw the broken pink housing and 6 spilled triple A batteries spinning and rolling and realized it's just a toy, I laughed so hard I could hardly walk. She was lovely. Truly beautiful. And hilarious. The cops were nice. The horses were nice, the speakers were nice, the vendors, the activists, the politically charged up were nice. The helicopters running past my apartment were endless. All day long, continuous streams of helicopters without pause. The limousines were without number. Goodness gracious these people are rich.

So what are you going to do with all that money? More money than sense. More money than you can possibly use. Change the world! That's what. That's what Democrat party is, people with excessive money who want to do something with it. Something meaningful. That's what I saw.

Denver is strange. We really don't want you here.

We keep saying that over and over and over and over end over end over Andover Andover.

Who else tells the Olympics to go somewhere else? My friend from Dallas was angry about that. He couldn't process Coloradans telling the Olympic Committee to go fly a kite.

Denver's reasoning is lame. Previous engagements doesn't cut it. Nothing is so important as Democrat Convention. Nothing is prestigious as that, nothing brings in more money, nothing gets more attention. Nothing more satisfying. But Denver said, "no." And it's not a sign of maturity. It's a sign of weariness. And protectionism. It's actual real-life conservation. They might be political crackpots, but they're foremost environmental protectionists. And that's why I love them.

13 comments:

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

After the 2007 Obama-love fest symposium, Denver was discovered and everyone moved here. Then came the legal pot, and now we are full up.

Please go away. Thank you.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

The Denver Post should be re-named "The Democrat Post"
That's why it is dying. it's hack.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Jared Polis wants to make Colorado 100% - rich white proggies only.

Trooper York said...

Denver is smart Chip. The conventions will be dangerous places next time around.

There is too much hate in the air.

ampersand said...

One good thing about the dem convention, they bus the homeless out of town for the duration.

edutcher said...

Didn't the Demos stiff their last venue?

ricpic said...

Are you saying Republicans WOULDN'T have been as nice to you as Dems?!

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Chip Ahoy said...

I don't know what Republican conventions are like. I suppose they attract all kind of Democrat malcontents bent on tossing bottles of pee and breaking a few heads.

During Dem Convention there were riots here, and very nearby too, just a few blocks away, but I did not see them.

ndspinelli said...

Chicago..that's the ticket. They have a great history w/ Dem conventions.

ampersand said...

Bubba's second convention was in Chicago and was he pissed. He wanted Los Angeles. Swimmin Pools, Movie Stars. Instead he had to mingle with the local fat greasy pols.

Amartel said...

Chicago would be perfect for them.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Agreed- Chicago

deborah said...

"A young and very attractive woman with Code Pink dropped her little pink megaphone on the street and when I looked down and saw the broken pink housing and 6 spilled triple A batteries spinning and rolling and realized it's just a toy, I laughed so hard I could hardly walk."

LOL