Saturday, May 12, 2018

KLEM FM


I remember seeing the Wilson sisters when that song* came out:


I wonder what they thought about playing for a crowd of teenaged boys?
_________________________

*Heart's drummer stole that basic 4/4 drum beat (with bass drum triplets) from John Bonham's Achilles Last Stand.

Full, misheard lyrics after the jump

So this ain't the end, I saw you again, today
I had to turn my heart away
Smiled like the sun, kisses for everyone
And tales, it never fails

You lying so low in the weeds
I bet you gonna ambush me
You'd have me down, down, down on my knees
Now wouldn't you, Barracuda? Oh

Back over time we were all trying for free
You met the porpoise and me
No right, no wrong you're selling a song, a name
Whisper game

If the real thing don't do the trick
You better make up something quick
You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn to the wick
Oooo, Barracuda, oh yeah

"Sell me, sell you" the porpoise said
Dive down deep to save my head
You, I think you got the blues too

All that night and all the next
Swam without looking back
Made for the western pools, silly, silly fools

If the real thing don't do the trick, no
You better make up something quick
You gonna burn, burn, burn, burn, burn it to the wick
Oooo, Barra-Barracuda
Yeah
Ohhhhhh yea

12 comments:

chickelit said...

Time to watch "Frankenstein Chronicles."

bbl

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

it Is his funeral. He can disinvite if he wants to.

Trump is ignoring McCain apparently, so he is lashing out. I say apparently because it’s such a rare thing for Trump to ignore an antagonist like McCain that I’m thinking Trump must believe that ignoring him is the advantageous play.

It wouldn’t be presidential to fight a cancer patient, even McCain.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

So there is a silver lining to the saga, beside the one joked by the White House staffer.

We have found a situation when Trump won’t roll up his sleeves and fire of a response tweet.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

In the Breitbart story of Palin mild response to McCain I was reminded how she had loyally endorsed his sorry ass when he was running and looking beatable in the polls and Palin endorsed him despite the misgivings her tea party base of supporters have with McCain.

Then McCain gave her the gut punch, as she called it.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

It could also be that for once Trumps Real potus plate is so full that it has finally caught up with his reality potus plate not leaving much time to tweet.

Then again that’s basically the situation I find myself in and I’m just parsing it off as something that might be happening to Trump.

My work schedule is not leaving much time to go online. I check the apps two or three times during the day and then when I get home I’m exhausted.

chickelit said...

Tomorrow is Sunday, Lem. Have a day of rest on all of us.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

I love it when Trump ignores the right people. It's very satisfying.

I love that song by heart. It's a classic. It would have been interesting to see heart progress down a different path without the industry influencing them to become plastic.

deborah said...

Too cool! Loved them way back when, still do, of course.

Un-understandable lyrics are interesting. Just recently I decided to finally look up a lyric I never could figure out...I'll post when I remember which one it was lol

deborah said...

I looked at my history:

"Rocket man burning out his fuse up here alone"

It always sounded like attitudes, like maybe attitude jets.

Trooper York said...

Great to hear from you Lem.

I hope all is well.

Thank you for providing us this forum.

MamaM said...

Thank you for providing us this forum.

Coming up on five years! (July 2013) That's a run!!

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Thanks...

Happy mothers day MamaM.