Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Green beans, cheese and pecans


This post was made four years ago. I see it gets views everyday. The last 24 hours it's been viewed 11 times from everywhere.

When I posted it, Rob said I had to be kidding, Lem said no cheese on vegetables for him, and Aridog said, damn, now I'm posting things that he likes. 

Frozen beans. Cheese from a jar. Un-roasted pecans. Three marks against it, a slip-shod meal admitting sometimes I don't even try, and it turns out to be one of the most persistent posts. 

I'm baffled. Four years has gone by and I still don't get it.

Then again, it looks kind of good. It wasn't just a weak careless moment. I'd eat it. This near-cheese that must be bad for you is actually kind of tasty. I use the nacho type sold in jars for a very fast macaroni and cheese. And it's good.

6 comments:

Trooper York said...

The fact is most people have no taste.

That is why Kim Kardasian and Althouse are popular. Just sayn'

AllenS said...

I could eat a bunch of that.

MamaM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MamaM said...

No more Cheez for me, though I can see why the photo/post still gets views. It looks very soothing and filling, textural and pleasing with the greens, orange and brown working together along with the 3 textures of soft, substantial and crunchy present.

Sometimes it's our right brain with its held memories and focus on the sensory aspects like taste, touch, sight, smell that activates interest while the other half is left to wonder WTF???

ricpic said...

A whole lotta texture in that dish.

Trooper York said...

I am off cheese after my attack. Especially because of the salt.

But while I wasn't I really enjoyed the Trader Joe Pub Cheese. It comes in three flavors. Regular, with Jalapeño Pepper and with Horse Radish. Man I would eat a whole tub with a box of crackers.

That is why my heart blew up.