Saturday, April 14, 2018

I am reminded of several things...

...one, I used to work with a Chinese woman named Dora, like Chip's coworker, Dora was a bit off, but I liked her and she had a great sense of humor. She used to say "They make movie about me 'Dora, Dora, Dora' - but I not Japanese." She was great fun but then they hauled her away. Very sad.

Another story - my brother was in a Civil War museum the other day and there was a device in a glass case labeled "Cake Decorator". It was a Kliester, derived from the German word "Kliesterspritzen". Don't ask. And definitely don't use that to decorate your cake. How did my brother know that? We were raised in a house full of Civil War era medical equipment. My first handsaw was a repurposed bone saw. Once again, don't ask.

Cherry blossoms are just about over here, but I saw these in my backyard this evening:



9 comments:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

Ok, I will not ask about the things you asked not to ask about...but why was Dora hauled off?

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

The apple blossoms are great

The Dude said...

Dora went a bit crazy - she had to spend some time in an institution - very sad, as I say, I liked her, but what are you going to do, eh?

Are those apple blossoms? Sheeit - I turned around and there they were.

Dogwoods are going great guns, azaleas are just starting up, the crabapple blossoms carpet the ground now, redbuds are just about over, maples are producing helicopters like crazy and the pollen count is in the low thousands - yellow pine, oak, and all the rest are just pollinatin' like there is no tomorrow!

I love spring!

AllenS said...

I'd like to love me some spring, also, but I guess I'll have to wait.

Dad Bones said...

I'm waiting too. Had an all day blizzard yesterday with 50 mph wind so there's a lotta snow out there that I'm gonna have to roll with.

ricpic said...

Spring? What's that?! Thirty seven miserable degrees here in upstate NY.

ricpic said...

That was my problem with Hebrew School: Torah! Torah! Torah!

The Dude said...

LOL @ ricpic!

chickelit said...

I never talk about the weather out here because it would enflame you. I’d have to bring up California politics to make you feel better.