Thursday, March 15, 2018

Sister-in-law gets her citizenship

Did you have to take a test?

Yes. History and civics. Things like who was president in 1800. Who takes over if the president dies, and then if the vice president dies.

Now you can forget all that stuff.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

To my brother I go, James, this is a big thing. He goes, I know. I completely forgot.

What a dope.

I Know!

How can you forget something so important?

It just slipped my mind. We planned a trip to Ukraine but her visa was nearly expired. If we went then she'd not be able to come back. So we cancelled the trip and pursued the citizenship. It cost $400 to apply. She's very happy about being an American citizen.

Bless.

 I get all verklempt. She's holding her proof of citizenship. Today. Just now.

 click to embiggen

8 comments:

edutcher said...

Good for Sis.

We need a lot more Americans like her.

ricpic said...

So who was prez in 1800?

ampersand said...

Years ago I went to the Post Office to renew my passport. I brought in my birth certificate for ID. I was born in Chicago Illinois but nowhere did it specify USA or The United States of America and the P.O. ass refused to renew it. I had to go to another station to get my passport.

ricpic said...

That's frankly unbelievable. Not saying it didn't happen. But when the ass said no US of A on your birth certificate, did you say "Well, where's Illinois?" What could his answer have possibly been to that? But I get it, you were dealing with a literalist.

Amartel said...

Woohoo!
One of us, one of us, one of us ...

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Cool and doing it right. A+

AllenS said...

That's the type of immigrant that we need, and need badly. The type of US youth citizens that we constantly see on the tv are not employable.

Trooper York said...

Congratulations.

It is always good to see an immigrant who will do a job that an American would not do.

Wait a minute. That didn't come out right.

Lets just leave it at Congratulations.