Saturday, February 10, 2018

Trey Gowdy

One. Trey Gowdy stepped down from the House Ethics Committee after five years of serving on the panel citing workload.

Two. Trey Gowdy will not seek reelection when his term ends.

Three. Trey Gowdy intends on returning to his career in justice system.

Four. He receives mixed reviews from observers who note his fierce interrogations while also noting and resenting his lack of results regarding him as controlled opposition. The people I read call him Rooster. I do not understand this. Not for a rooster's head. Not a rooster's comb. It must be for a rooster's tail. A rooster's tail for Trey Gowdy's head. Like Carrot Top. A carrot top is bushy green not red and not orange. A carrot root is orange. So then, a carrot's bottom for Carrot Top's hair. Same thing with the rooster. I guess.

How rude. I take it personally. Trey Gowdy's hair is like my own. I wake up and I'm never quite sure what I'm going to get. I don't know what the hairdresser is going to do with me. And neither does Trey Gowdy. And there is so little to work with. We say, "make it short" and they do. They make it short this way, voomp, make it short that way, womp. This way voomp that way womp, voomp wamp all over the place. And there is hardly anything up there.


I made it wet and and pulled it all forward with my fingers. I don't even own a comb such as I kept in my pocket all through boyhood. A woman in the elevator took hold of my elbow and looking up past my eyes said slowly, "Lookit yer her." 

She talks funny.

I usually push them the other way so they line up best how it grows. Whatever it takes to look normal. To not stick out in crowd. 


6 comments:

Dad Bones said...

Yeah, he's a rooster but I think his hair is only part of it. He has a rooster's attitude and when he feels like crowing you're going to hear him, but roosters don't rule the barnyard though they try. His unmanageable hair resembles a comb in spirit more than appearance.

ndspinelli said...

Dad, I said the first time I saw him that he looks and sounds like a rooster. Smart guy but tough to look at. I can listen to him. When he's interviewed I'll often avert my eyes so I can focus on the intelligent things he has to say.

ndspinelli said...

Chip, Great work on the coiffs.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

If you leave the haircut shop looking like pelvis pineapple. win.

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

lol - Elvis not pelvis. auto-correct is funny.

Methadras said...

In Congress, Gowdy is all bark, no bite. He's spent the better part of two years grilling people with tough questions like a prosecutor and rolling goose eggs on results. Being lied to by those under oath doesn't seem to bother him and if it does, he doesn't seem to phased by it. No indictments, no prosecution. Not even recommendations sent to DoJ or the AG to do anything. This is why I tell you guys that all of these scandals will result in nothing happening. It's all show. People screaming LOCK HER UP while the whole circus is just going to fold its tent after the 2018 elections because that's what this is going to be about and after that 2020 and nothing will have happened. Ever. The Kabuki Theater will go on.