Thursday, February 8, 2018

My brother's a goofball

But what you gonna do?


Psych!

He's not my brother and my brother isn't a goofball. Boy, I can't get anything right.

For the longest time this little memory card has been a real champion. In and out of the camera, in and out of the laptop every day for years. It never filled up. It never failed. Then last night it just split in two. I glued it back and it still works. But I broke off its tiny switch and now it cannot be reformatted. Eventually it will fill up. So I put in the spare. Turns out I've been using the spare this whole time. Like five years. I'm guessing. Maybe longer. It was only 8 gig and now I put in the 32 gig. And that will never fill up. Even though the photos are gigantic. I bought another card on eBay to have a new spare and I cannot believe how cheap these things are. 

The 32 gig had photos on it from a long time ago. Just walking down to Palettes restaurant inside the art museum, the original building next to the library, I took a boatload of photos. I'm leaving out quite a lot. 

I read about the truffle egg ravioli before I ever tried it and I expected it to be the most expensive thing on their menu. The opposite is true. It's the cheapest thing on their menu. And although not heavily truffled up, it is perfectly balanced, and I mean perfectly. I marveled. It gave me something to aim for but I could not match it at home. I even made my own bread. But theirs is still better in every way to compare them.






















No comments: