Thursday, December 3, 2015

A local row



I have lived in important places, times
When great events were decided, who owned
That half a rood of rock, a no-man's land
Surrounded by our pitchfork-armed claims.
I heard the Duffys shouting "Damn your soul!"
And old McCabe stripped to the waist, seen
Step the plot defying blue cast-steel -
"Here is the march along these iron stones."
That was the year of the Munich bother. Which
Was more important? I inclined
To lose my faith in Ballyrush and Gortin
Till Homer's ghost came whispering to my mind.
He said: I made the Iliad from such
A local row. Gods make their own importance. 

5 comments:

ricpic said...

What is this, Mick poetry week?!

Trooper York said...

Ha!

Trooper York said...

Don't forget the Sinead O'Conner videos.

bagoh20 said...

Let's git the pints pourin and limber up for some fisticuffs.

Joe Biden, America's Putin said...

Right wing militia. Right wing Militia.
Screw you big Mo.
Right wing Militia. Right wing Militia. screw you.
screw you. screw U big Mo.
Chrissy Matthews stand up tall for coercive big government and Hillary's smelly old behind. Right Wing Militia. Right Wing Militia. Right. Wing. Screw U big MO.