Monday, May 18, 2015

#teen

Sounds pervy. I saw the hashtag following the definition of "vamping" the term came from a remark "If Obama spends his time vamping on Twitter..."  It turns out to be a thing teenagers do at night in bed online, it's their "me" time. This NYT Fashion and Style article explained it amusingly,
“Sometimes I look up and it’s 3 a.m. and I’m watching a video of a giraffe eating a steak,” 
That's funny right there. I suddenly wanted to see a giraffe eating a steak. I love these kids. They're not horrible at all. The hashtag shows all lightness and love and teenage angst and things like this video of a performer in Paris before her show riding around our adult impulse is "staged!" but the kids accept it for spontaneous encounter because this is how they would behave. Ariana Grand in Paris.

4 comments:

ricpic said...

Wha.......?

Methadras said...

Arriana Grande is adorable. That is who is in the video.

Amartel said...

Kept waiting for an accident to happen, any sort of spontaneous unscripted, unproduced action. But, okay (grudgingly), cuuuute.

Captcha food not appetizing today. Soup Monday.

Chip Ahoy said...

I hadn't heard of her before. And I thought the person singing on the bike is a girl but I'm wrong.

It's the sort of thing teens talk about on that hashtag, one of two hashtags mentioned in the NYT article. I thought, "How dumb. Check it out" and it turns out to be sweet. Except for the Islamic proselytizers and other public service type intrusions.