Tuesday, December 2, 2014

"I'm not addicted to the buying, I'm addicted to the selling"

"Things that I use constantly and aren't easily replaced — my TiVo, for instance — are generally safe. The moment I go more than a week or two without using something, though, I start to resent its presence until I can get it on the auction block. It's gotten to the point where practically everything I own is for sale. Want the watch I'm wearing right now? Let's talk. The phone in my pocket? Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a different one, we can work something out. On a couple occasions, I've even caught myself negotiating sale prices of things I haven't even bought yet. It's as if I'm trying to minimize the ownership period of everything I buy, pushing the purchase and the sale as close to one another as I possibly can."

"My name is Chris, and I can’t stop selling my stuff " (read more)

Tips for selling on Ebay...

 

YouTube comments...
Tip of the day. When attractive people make instructional videos, don't look to the comments section and expect to find helpful comments, constructive criticism, poignant rebuttals or any feedback pertaining to the actual content of the instruction being given. All you're going to find is... DUUUUUUUHH... ur purty! 

3 comments:

AllenS said...

If I ever become addicted to selling, believe me, it will be a full time project. I have stuff. Lots of stuff.

Chip Ahoy said...

That's funny.

I just now today received an antique chia pet ram for my collection from eBay.

The first one in a few years.

I am amazed they are still around.

Imagine opening grandpa's closet after he passes and finding an old chia pet gag gift and going, WTF is this?

I wanted one so bad when I was a kid. But nobody would buy me one. They were protecting me from my worst instincts. They'd get me something better than that. They considered them jokes.

But how brilliant? A clay sheep that grows a coat of grass. Come on!

Finally I go, screw it, they don't have to be a gift from someone. Buy it for yourself. But by then the rams were out of production and replaced with no-fur-having creatures like turtles and hippopotamuses. And that is not brilliant.

That's why I like eBay.

The thing is, this ram came with a cow. And although quite similar, it really does not fit with my flock. What do I look like, a rancher over here? No! I am a chia pet ram shepherd. Not a chia pet cow rancher. GAAAAWL!

AllenS said...

Chia pets are only available before the Christmas holidays. I tried to buy one for a girl friend in late April, and they had none, and told me about the Christmas holiday only time frame.