Friday, October 20, 2023

On Easier & More Convenient

The medical community in particular seems encumbered with communication inadequacies, glitches, and poorly set-up and/or difficult to navigate programming in their attempts to save money and time by going paperless.  As I spend 20 minutes filling out the necessary forms online, I wonder who will focus on spending their time reading through and taking note of the plethora of answers I'm required to provide?  I'm also uncomfortable misrepresenting truth in order to make the program work.  While I can't say for sure which month it was that the pain in my knees from arthritis first started to affect me adversely, I'd be willing to guess it was close to five years ago, but there's no room for that.  A month must be designated in order to move forward.  For all the times I have specifically listed the month and year the plate in my right ankle was put in to stabilize a break in February 2001,  I was asked again by the nurse at my most recent appointment for a cortisone shot, if I have any plates or artificial joints in my body, since that important info was apparently not included in the file she had on hand.  Whatever the tradeoff has been, under the guise of making things easier and more convenient, something major in the way of pertinent and meaningful communication appears to have been lost in the transition.   




1 comment:

edutcher said...

No idea what state (MI?) in which you live, but it's nowhere near that bad here in NE OH.

As for website design, some of it is very poor which can be laid at the feet of the provider/developer and some at the vanity of the client, although I have the feeling a lot is the fault of government.

Sounds like you are living under some variant of British socialized medicine which needs to know every scintilla about you and takes forever to do anything.