Wednesday, February 9, 2022

On Complete Inversion of the Truth; Saying Enough; and a Night with the Untouchables

The two at DarkHorse said it for me, putting into words what's left me feeling so unsettled in recent days, my awareness of the great divide between reality and the exact inverse as it's being portrayed in media.     


"What role is suspension of disbelief playing in what is happening?  How much of this is effectively requiring the viewer to accept the fiction in order not to confront the reality?  

I'm seeing evidence of this all over the place, really, and I don't know what to do about it. The fictionalization that is taking place, and I almost never use this word, it's evil.  This is our civilization attacking itself by blinding people to the actual facts of their existence. "

From The DarkHorse Podcast, with mention there made of the article linked below, written by David Maybury, Feb 3, 2022.

A night with the untouchables

"I live in downtown Ottawa, right in the middle of the trucker convoy protest. They are literally camped out below my bedroom window. My new neighbours moved in on Friday and they seem determined to stay. I have read a lot about what my new neighbours are supposedly like, mostly from reporters and columnists who write from distant vantage points somewhere in the media heartland of Canada. Apparently the people who inhabit the patch of asphalt next to my bedroom are white supremacists, racists, hatemongers, pseudo-Trumpian grifters, and even QAnon-style nutters. I have a perfect view down Kent Street – the absolute ground zero of the convoy. In the morning, I see some protesters emerge from their trucks to stretch their legs, but mostly throughout the day they remain in their cabs honking their horns. At night I see small groups huddled in quiet conversations in their new found companionship. There is no honking at night. What I haven’t noticed, not even once, are reporters from any of Canada’s news agencies walking among the trucks to find out who these people are. So last night, I decided to do just that – I introduced myself to my new neighbours...

...As I finally made my way back home, after talking to dozens of truckers into the night, I realized I met someone from every province except PEI. They all have a deep love for this country. They believe in it. They believe in Canadians. These are the people that Canada relies on to build its infrastructure, deliver its goods, and fill the ranks of its military in times of war. The overwhelming concern they have is that the vaccine mandates are creating an untouchable class of Canadians. They didn’t make high-falutin arguments from Plato’s Republic, Locke’s treatises, or Bagehot’s interpretation of Westminster parliamentary systems. Instead, they see their government willing to push a class of people outside the boundaries of society, deny them a livelihood, and deny them full membership in the most welcoming country in the world; and they said enough. Last night I learned my new neighbours are not a monstrous faceless occupying mob. They are our moral conscience reminding us – with every blow of their horns – what we should have never forgotten: We are not a country that makes an untouchable class out of our citizens."

https://maybury.ca/the-reformed-physicist/2022/02/03/a-night-with-the-untouchables/


3 comments:

edutcher said...

The truck convoy they were talking about for this country that was supposed to begin in March?

Now they're taking about next week.

Somewhere, Dave Dudley smiles.

Amartel said...

The articles about the convoy in the msm will discuss everything except the actual reason for it.

Dad Bones said...

Hopefully some day these truckers will be remembered with the same awe and respect accorded to Big Joe and Phantom 309.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCeVP9WuA6I