Sunday, November 7, 2021

Indian Summer

We've had a few days of exceptionally warm weather here in western Wisconsin. We used to call this Indian Summer.
Then God commanded November to brighten the sky and to mitigate the air for the entire duration of Martin's travel. And since God does not rescind his orders, the first days of November are always cheered by a warm sun. We call this season Indian Summer. Link
If one is not inclined to the sacred, there is always the profane redeemed:


According to Robby Krieger, "Indian Summer" was the very first song The Doors ever recorded, in 1966. The version everyone knows was released in 1970 on Morrison Hotel. I think that the vocal track dates from 1966. Morrison's voice was not yet ravaged by all the booze and cigarettes. 

3 comments:

chickelit said...

Forecasts call for snow flurries later this week. I can't wait as I've become an avid outdoor winter sports enthusiast.I've actually turned the clock back on body aches and pains.

ampersand said...

What winter sports are you doing?

chickelit said...

skating and skiing. And I work with a bunch of curlers so I might give that a whirl.