Monday, January 25, 2021

They are always watching.....they are everywhere


 Everywhere I go the Karens and the informers are out trying to inform on us. To make us comply. To take away our basic human right to enjoy our lives.

Last week we had to get our car inspected. That is always an anxiety creating event as it is an old car and there are always something wrong with it that needs to be fixed. The joint we bring it to is about two miles from the house. There is only one silver lining. The coffee shop across the street.

This joint is tiny but was always packed It had three rows of tables in the small space where you basicly forced to share your lunch with someone else. It is always full of working men who come in from the garages or other businesses in the surrounding couple of blocks. 

With the new bullshit they only have three tables and four stools. We lucked out because it was between breakfast and lunch. As I sat down to enjoy my first cup of coffee....I looked over my shoulder...and saw Fredo in the Window.

I got a treat. My diet is very limited but the Boss let me have a Pastrami sandwich and fries. It was heaven.


Of course with any sin there is penance required. The Boss made me walk home to walk off the salt and nitrates. I thought I was gonna die. Luckily the chiropractor was on the way and I persuaded her to go in and get cracked so I had a short respite. Funny enough the guy knew the diner and wanted to meet us there for breakfast the next day when we picked up our car. Luckily it was ready that afternoon and we picked it up.

But we took a fucking Uber. No pastrami was involved.

2 comments:

edutcher said...

When in the course of human events...

ndspinelli said...

Car inspection is a protection racket.