Wednesday, January 13, 2021

America is Cobra Kai



I have been enjoying this little TV series called Cobra Kai. It is a sequal to the Karate Kid Movies. They had the bright idea to have the actual stars of the eighties classic movie reprise their roles. You remember. Cobra Kai were the bullies and little Karate Kid with the aid of a mysterious Jap gardener beat them down.  

Why do I say America is Cobra Kai. Well you see this show flips the script from the movie. The bad guy in the movie Johnny is the conservative figure. He calls his kids pussies and has no tolerance for the current fads and bullshit of political correctness. The Karate Kid guy is the liberal who is all about  kumbaya bullshit and was a hero in the first movie. This show makes Johnny the hero. He is the guy we  root for. A blue collar rough around the edges Trump deplorable. That's why I am enjoying this show.

The new series is pretty cool. Lots of eighties references that I love. Check it out

1 comment:

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

I like Cobra Kai, but did not at all like Creese's back story in Vietnam. Way too Deerhunter crap for me.