Thursday, September 10, 2020

Out Kick the Coverage has the goods....Interest in Sports is in the toilet.


Have you guys ever read Out Kick the Coverage? It's a sport site that has a pretty good handle on what is going on with sports these days. He also has interesting political posts. I check in every couple of days to see what is going on as I don't really follow sports anymore. He has a post that is really interesting.

A poll has been generated by Gallup that shows that the audience view of sports has dropped 30% this year. All across the board. But precipitously by conservative middle aged white men. You know. The bedrock of sports fans. The guys that get the cable packages and the season tickets and the beers and the cars that they advertise. Now I don't put my faith in polls but this corresponds to the sense I get from people I know. As has been said it takes two months to start a habit and two week to break it. I think a lot of America has gotten out of the habit of watching sports during the pandemic. Many people have fallen out of the habit of following teams and found a lot of ways to spend their time and money rather than worship at the alter of overpaid steroid assholes. The Anti-Americanism and the woke political correctness they are downing us in has been the final nail in the coffin.

I will never watch another football, basketball or heartbreakingly baseball ever again. Many people feel the same way. Sports is in denial. They believe the BLM hype and have killed the Golden Goose.

One of the worst side effects is that it kills so many of my continuing series on the blog.

Photo courtesy of ND Spinelli.

7 comments:

ndspinelli said...

My bride and I were at that game. She cried just like little Freddie Patek. OutKick is the best sports news out there. Garry Sheffield, Jr. writes for them and is pretty sharp. Whitlock is a gem as is Travis.

Mumpsimus said...

Pro sports will never lose the gamblers, and that's a significant population. It will be interesting to see how many of the rest of their fans they manage to piss off. We may see a general lowering of salaries, and the end of eight-figure contracts and new stadiums.

ndspinelli said...

NFL game tonight had only limited virtue signaling and I think only 1 player kneeled. NBA is becoming an outlier and their ratings reflect it.

The Dude said...

You can continue your ongoing blog series as zombie sports stories or alternate history deals. Or you could accept the fact that those morons hate us and walk away from it all.

ndspinelli said...

I don't believe they all hate us. I think the haters and their liberal media bullies do. There are many athletes who just keep their mouths shut and play.

The Dude said...

The eggs were golden, not the goose. Pedant mode off.

ndspinelli said...

Frank Gorshin was a better Riddler. I understood what he was saying.