Thursday, July 30, 2020

I was told there would be no Dylan

There are many who say that a dog has its day,
And a cat  has a number of lives;
There are others who think that a lobster is pink,
And that bees never work in their hives.
There are fewer, of course, who insist that a horse
Has a horn and two humps on its head,
And a fellow who jests that a teen can have breasts
Is as rare as a donkey that's red.
Yet in spite of all this, I have moments of bliss,
For I cherish a passion for youth,
And though doubtful of biscuit, I'm willing to risk it,
And I love to chase rabbits and chicks.
But my greatest delight is to take a good bite
At a calf that is plump and delicious;
And if I indulge and grow quite a bulge,
Let's hope you won't find me victorious.

7 comments:

Trooper York said...

Sorry for the repeat MamaM but I couldn't resist my inspiration.

Trooper York said...

Actually Sixty screwed me up by having me delete the tag lines. I like to review what I have done before so I don't duplicate something like these poems. But without that I am flying blind until I post and then I can click on the tag and see if I duplicated a post.

The Dude said...

Yeah, blame it on me. Sure. You used to be able to see all 5,000 labels in the editing interface, but this new one is more boogered up than an Oriole first baseman. You are on your own, and guess what, those of us of a certain age don't care and don't remember. Post at will.

edutcher said...

Trooper York said...

Actually Sixty screwed me up by having me delete the tag lines.

You can delete tags?

May I humbly suggest a clean-up of them, as there appears to be some duplication and a somewhat whimsical regard to capitalization, etc.

MamaM said...

Resniffing the hare on this one yielded something similar yet lovelier than a stag fart in the summer breeze!

chickelit said...

Tag inflation is worse than stag inflatuation.

On occasion, I go through my own posts an cull the ones I used only once. The academics call that "service."

chickelit said...

Resniffing the hare on this one yielded something similar yet lovelier than a stag fart in the summer breeze!

Summer's Eve, makes me feel fine,
blowing through the jasmine in mind