Wednesday, April 22, 2020

What if literary masterpieces were written by different authors


First she studied her husband's flower arrangement. He had chosen the blossom of a single white wild rose and put a single pearl of water on the green leaf, and set it on red stones. Autumn is coming, he was suggesting with the flower, talking through the flower, do not weep for the time of fall, the time of dying when the earth begins to sleep; enjoy the time of beginning again and experience the glorious cool of the autumn air on this summer evening...soon the tear will vanish and the rose, only the stones will remain — soon you and I will vanish and only the stones will remain.

His love of her and his love of nature could not be denied. When he begged her to walk with him in the garden she could not refuse.

“Come my darling” he said. “Come walk with me as we walk arm in arm under the cherry blossoms.” “Where will we travel to my husband?”

“Tokyo.”

1 comment:

ampersand said...

Mad Magazine once did a thing on fairy tales written by specific authors. I'm not sure if it was a series. The one I vaguely remember was Goldilocks written by Tennessee Williams.