Tuesday, February 4, 2020

The Original...Bob Grant



Bob Grant was the original talk radio conservative voice. Well at least for me. Rush acknowledged that in a roast of Bob back in the day.

Ricpic is right. I used to listen to Bob almost  every day. He was a hero. He would speak honestly with a working class no nonsense attitude. He would speak the truth and was brilliant during the Crown Heights riots where he called Sharpton and his ilk animals and savages. He didn't give a shit about political correctness and told it like it is. I often wondered what would happen if Bob Grant were to be elected President.

Then he was.

In the form of the God Emperor of the Cherry Blossom Throne. President Donald Trump.

3 comments:

The Dude said...

He seemed a little touchy about the Sicilianos, eh?

Oh, his name was originally Robert Ciro Gigante.

Never mind...

Tank said...

I listened to Grant many years ago when I was still on the left. His influence counted - started me on my journey to the right.

ricpic said...

Ya know when Rush first broke into prominence I wouldn't say Grant's nose was put out of joint but it was clear he was somewhat resentful of the upstart's sudden tremendous audience. Who could blame him? Grant had been laboring almost singlehandedly for decades as a light in the darkness and POW! this new kid takes all the air out of the room, his room.