Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Epicurious: 3 levels of grilled cheese

Apologies. I have cheese sandwiches on the brain right now.

We see, start with good bread and good cheese or you're just not even trying.



I grew up in a household of not even trying. Everything was kids stuff. But I did not know that. Turns out everyone did. Some still do. Wonder bread, that's not even real bread, and mass produced near-cheese that's wrapped in individual slices for convenience. Not that it's bad. Rather, that is American industrialized culture. Certain sacrifices were made. 

Compare with croque madam. That is a croque monsieur with an egg on the top.

I chose the shortest video.



This whole time I thought those were open-face sandwiches.

And for some reason I thought they needed tomato.

Look, I never been to France, okay? But I kind'a like the music. Say the ladies are insane there and they sure know how to use it.

Where were we?

Croque Madam and croque Monsieur. Mr. and Mrs. Crusty.








3 comments:

edutcher said...

You realize, of course, you can overthink these things.

FullMoon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Real Illuminati Temple said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.