Monday, October 21, 2019

Astros beat Yankees? How did George Jetson's Dog get into the American League?

So the Houston Astros beat the Yankees in the playoff's last night. They won fair and square. I still can't get over a team that was originally named after Billy Dee Williams favorite beverage. When I think of the Astos I just don't think of an American League Team. I think of the Tigers or the Orioles or even the hated Red Sox. But the fuckin' Astros. Stop.

When I think of the Astros I think of Harry the Hat Walker as the manager and the Toy Cannon as their best player. Yes Jimmy Wynn was the man back in the day. Of course he sucked when he came to the Yankees. He was past it. But back in the day he put up some impressive numbers.

The Astros had some tough series with the Mets back in the 1980's but I really didn't pay much attention to them. They were an obscure West Coast Team in the other league like the Diamondbacks or the  Dodgers. Who gives a shit about them.

Anyway congratulations Astro guys. Take the mantle of self righteousness of the American league and defend our honor. Against Washington. Hey who is the manager of the Washington team. Ted Williams?

Nah. That can't be right.

6 comments:

Tank said...

The Astros !

Embarrassing.

Known Unknown said...

First decade since 1910 no Yankee World Series appearances. Hallelujah!!!

Amartel said...

The farging Asstros. Well, new dynasties can spring up out nowhere and these are the crazy years. So we've got the swampies versus the flood zone-ies. Sports is just dead to me.

ndspinelli said...

Altuve is the Latino Toy Cannon. I like him. I like both teams. No fucking Yankees, Dodgers, Red Sox or Cardinals.

ricpic said...

There are more than two divisions now?

ricpic said...

So the World Serious starts in November? Or tomorrow? Which is it dammit!