Sunday, August 18, 2019

Peter Fonda dead at seventy-nine

I don't care.

What I think is interesting is the links I've seen go Elizabeth Leonard and Joelle Goldstein on People who tell their readers in their title, "please raise a glass to freedom" and that triggers most of the comments. The commenters on the sites that I read aren't having it.

One comment I read got a solid reaction, referring to Easy Rider he said that he always enjoys a movie with a happy ending. I saw only brief bits of the movie and I had to look up the movie plot to understand the remark.

A lot of commenters say he was a serious crackpot the last few years of his life.


7 comments:

WWIII Joe Biden, Husk-Puppet + America's Putin said...

Dead Fondas? Fine by me.

ndspinelli said...

Bleach, Good name for a rock band.

The Dude said...

Greatest hits album by the Dead Fondas, featuring "We've Only Just Begun" and other forgettable tunes.

windbag said...

From the obit "He was preceded in death by his career in 1969, following the release of Easy Rider."

The Dude said...

Good one!

edutcher said...

An OK actor, better than his sister (almost anybody was), nowhere near as good as Dad.

The media that portrayed every Baby Boomer as being a Lefty hailed his one signature flick the way they described The Times They Are A-Changin' as The Anthem Of A Generation.

ampersand said...

Where are you seeing the comments Chip ?