Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Pepé Le Pew is Odor-able



Other Pepé Le Pew videos are better, but this one the comments to it are more interesting than the video.

I did not know the skunk is a slam on how Frenchmen smell. I never put that together.

French people say in comments that in France the cartoon is an Italian lover, not French. And that Pepé is not a particularly French name.

They say, now that they realize in America Pepé is French, they're offended. 

One woman said the video depicts how she force-loves her own cat.

And that made me recall, "Hey, I did that too with my dogs." But they absolutely loved it. 

I read somewhere that parents do not give their children three minutes of personal one-on-one attention each day. That made me sad. I looked back and realized how much personal attention both parents gave me. And that made me think that I can do much better with my dogs. 

I resolved to give them ten minutes of personal attention each day. Reliably. Forever.

I chose a spot to do this each day. Sitting in that spot meant, now I lavish you with Pepé Le Pew love.

At the edge of the wall where the carpeted dining room steps down to the sun room made from a porch with a blister of glass that ran the length. When I sat there where the two room connected that meant It's just me and the dog. Nothing else exists. For at least ten minutes each day.

I put her on my lap and give her a full body massage while talking to her softly. 

I'd set her to the side and touch every inch of her body. 

I'd trace the features of her face and her ears. 

The dog quickly learned that is the dog's power spot. That is where I lavish attention. I talk to the dog and pet her. I lavish her, and pet her all over. I talk like Pepé Le Pew and say the things that he says in the cartoons and both females in their times f'k'n loved it. 

They soaked up the attention like a sponge. 

They assumed the position of Pepé Le Pew love.

Wherever they were in the yard, whatever they were doing, no matter the time of day, no matter everything else going on, the dogs literally flew to me, they dug their claws into the carpet for maximum traction and they cannonballed through the air and expected me to catch them and spread them out and rub them all over and whisper sweet nothings in their ear. I'd tell them how wonderful they are, how beautiful they are, how I cannot take my eyes off them, how lucky we are to be together, and now we make beautiful music together. I  was a total nutter with with dog and they could never get too much of it. 

It turned out that was their all-time most favorite thing.

It really was their power spot. For them it made the whole world fine. They loved nothing better than to be lavished with personal attention and spoken to softly in a cartoon voice.  If you saw it, you'd think, good Lord that man is a freak! And it was a bit freaky. But it was fun and it worked. 

1 comment:

ampersand said...

Pepe Le Pew was inspired by Pepe Le Moko in the movie Algiers, He was played by Charles Boyer and he wanted to take Hedy Lamarr to Ze Casbah. It was a remake of the French film "Pepe Le Moko". I wonder who inspired Pepe le Frog?