Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Emmy: Chick-Fil-A vs Popeye's

Looking for KFC, I discovered a Chick-Fil-A on Broadway south of Elati at Dartmouth in Englewood. That's 3085 South Broadway, so, 40 blocks south.

And the nearest Popeye's on Colfax gets poor reviews on Yelp. 2122 E. Colfax at York. That's a few blocks north and twenty-one blocks east. The photographs look terrible. Other Popeye's nearby get slightly better ratings. But not much.

But I don't want a sandwich. I want a pile of fried chicken with extra that I can re-heat in the oven. And coleslaw.



It appears Popeye's wins. 

I knew the comments would be contentious. I did find a KFC that day, but they're being pushed out. And I did like the chicken and biscuits and the coleslaw. The help was outstanding. 

3 comments:

ricpic said...

Chick-Fil-A is like a thousand times better. How do I know? Because Popeye's was bought by Pepsi-Cola, which makes dreck of everything. Or if not Pepsi-Cola by some other monster umbrella corporation WHICH DOESN'T CARE!

ricpic said...

Okay, I just looked it up. Popeye's is a subsidiary of Restaurant Brands International, which is headquartered in Toronto. I think that corp also owns Burger King, another dreck chain.

Rabel said...

It depends mostly on the store's management. Our local KFC is awful while out local Popeye's is great.