Friday, July 5, 2019

Singers when they were hot and now that they're not

Now that they're ... what is it ... resting on their laurels.

Whatever laurels are, they're resting on them.

This is enlightening. But depressing.

One time I heard Grace Slick say fifty-year-old rock singers should just stop it and I thought, "n-o-o-o-o-o-o, don't say that. So much great music would be forfeited.

But watch what happens when they don't stop.



I made the Debbie Harry comparison before. She was so hot. And now she's not.

I'll just be satisfied with the old recordings and turn my attention to new young singers. 

3 comments:

edutcher said...

Gracie Slick was the patron saint of sex, drugs, and rock.

And she looks it.

Right down to that thousand-yard stare.

Amartel said...

The new young singers are not very entertaining and the oldies sometimes still got it.

Amartel said...

I mean, they're all so insipid and fungible these days. No originality to speak of.
It's all work out music.
Plus, comparing a video visual to a live performance visual - so unfair!