Thursday, July 4, 2019

Boss Like Ross

That's the name of the sneaker released by Out of Line to monopolize on the controversy initiated by Nike from recalling their shoe with Betsy Ross's design of the American flag on the heel because some athlete whose name rhymes with Kaeperschnick associates the early flag with slavery.

The one-time athlete, apparently, has quite a lot to say about it if you care to read it again on the Daily Caller happy to report his nonsense all over again. But you're probably familiar with his position already. This move by Nike was for this reaction so don't give it to them. We know that because this could have been done quietly.

Here's what I don't see printed all over the place.

The whole world had slavery at that time and always did before that. The entire world history is filled with slavery.

Still does, actually, by other names and by different means, but abundance of cheap labor is always taken advantage of. Democrats are still doing this along with GOPe by their position of open border, meaning the free movement of labor. Cheap labor. Slave labor. Slavery was fact of life worldwide all through history everywhere.

As a youth I felt like a slave just by feeling forced into the work system I was in. I felt under-appreciated. Always pinched. Overworked. Underpaid. Forced to work. Forced w-a-a-a-a-y out of character.

Historically there were American indentured servants the equivalent of slaves. That was part of the system our country inherited from Britain. Children were sold to colonists for work that were the equivalent of slaves. Slave-labor certainly.

Betsy Ross was Quaker and that religious sect forbade the owning of slaves. If Nike has a bug up its butt about Betsy Ross in particular then that's the wrong bug to be allowed tearing away up there.

If only these people understood history more than superficially and if only these people could appreciate where our nation came from and how far it's come in so short a time then their troubled antagonized minds would be put at ease. But that's in their nature. Their purpose is clear. So is the response. And that's to give them no energy. Not as punishment, simply don't feed the monster.

Their shoes are crap. They're temporary shoes meant to last only a season. They're like ballerina shoes intended to be worn out quickly. They're made for everyone all at once for a season. Disposable shoes. And they're not actually inexpensive. Now compare their cost paid multiple times for high quality shoes made to fit you and that last you the rest of your life. That's what we're talking about. We're talking about silly-ass shoes.

You can draw whatever you like on these shoes. You can attach whatever patch that you like. We're talking about shoes with a tiny flag in the back of them and larger Nike emblem on the sides.

Fuck 'em.

For vexing us with their nonsense so grossly. Nike and Kaeperschnick join the others such as Elizabeth Warren, Alexandria Cortez, Bette Miller, Alyssa Milano, Joy Behar, Bill Maher, Kathy Griffin and others who've discovered the magic formula of outrageous antagonism that keep their names in circulation. The way to prevail against them is fail to give them the energy they feed on. Yet conservative sites keep feeding them. Apparently conservative sites like them because they keep covering them so much.  They are bread and butter. And that's the magic of their formula: constantly be outrageous as possible.

Here is Out of Line's shoe. It's disposable and ugly as hell. You could paint a white shoe better than this.


They'll stink up your feet good as any Nike shoe does. What the hell, buy a t-shirt with this historic flag on it. Buy striped pants with this blue field on the butt, buy sunglasses with this flag on them, or buy a boy's baseball cap with this design. If you want to dress silly there's a million things you can do. And people do. 

My dad liked to go to those sales on the outskirt of town. I forget the name of them, but people come from all over to take up a spot and sell all their crap. It's like a town meeting that happens on weekends. It's a temporary market of highly unusual things. Antiques, junk, trucks full of clothing, overruns, tons of random stuff too good to simply throw away but mostly disposable. You can usually argue with people about price. People use these places as second income and buyers are looking for deals.

You're asking $150.00 but I'll give you $10.00 for that cabinet.

     Get out of here. 

Okay, fine. I'll give you $50.00

     Not interested in selling to you.

Okay fine. I'll give you $60.00

     Nice try. Look I'll need at last $140.00

All I have is $90.00

    Sold. 

That kind of place. 

I was very ill at the time. We're walking around farther than I can go. My mother was tagging along as she did. It got a bit cold. My dad bought me a jacket that I wore only once. For an hour or so that day. 

The jacket was too large. It was mostly white with American flag pattern all over it. It was a giant American flag jacket. Cheap ass material, rather foam-like and very soft and fuzzy. If you lit a match it would go up in flames like poof. I'd be burned to a crisp in 2 seconds flat. 


Too bad, I can't find anything like it or else I'd photoshop how ridiculous I looked in it. A big puffy soft jacket with my tiny head on top and skinny legs on bottom. 

I saw the jacket around after that but I don't know what happened to it. One of my sisters likes crap like that. She likes taking my stuff. She probably has it. It's way too big for her. She'd wear it anyway.

Care to hear something similar? 

We went back and forth from my parents house quite a lot. I stayed there even when I had my own place. So did my other siblings. We're a fairly close family. There was a lot of back and forth through that house in the foothills. It was a very nice place. A refuge for us. 

My parents met me for breakfast at a restaurant in my part of town. My sister showed up with them. 

I didn't know she was staying with them. 

She was wearing a shirt that I own. Apparently she went through my closet at my parent's house looking for clothes to take.

It was a dark patterned shirt, black with red fronds. Somewhat Hawaiian in design but not so nearly cheerful as those. It was an unusual shirt. It looked sharp. But most people would not choose it because it is not exactly cheerful in the Hawaiian sense of being colorful. 

"Hey, I have a shirt like that." 

Instead of saying, "Yes, I pulled this from your closet." Instead, she turns to my mother and said, "You said he wouldn't notice." 

Weird. She's just weird. 

And I must say, she looked great in the shirt. "Fine. Take it. It's yours."

3 comments:

chickelit said...

Someone should shave Kaepernick’s head; make him feel like a French collaborator.

edutcher said...

Bets sounds like she was a Hell of a girl and a babe to boot.

No wonder the Lefties hate her.

Chip Ahoy said...

She sounds like the modern women I know. So many either divorced or widowed at an early age, like one of my sisters, and raising a family on her own. Working and raising a family. That takes incredible energy. And the flag she designed is ace. I like it better than our own, actually. I really like that circle.