Thursday, January 24, 2019

WKRLEM: Even though we ain't got money>>>>



I just got the Echo Dot for the house. Two of them in fact. It is part of the "Alexa" series by Amazon where all of your thoughts are collected by Big Brother. But it plays tunes and I hooked it up to my Ipad for when I want to watch Hulu at the Kitchen Table.

All you have to do is say  "Alexa  play so and so." Then it plays a selection of that person or groups hits. Now I am an old bastard so I call out a lot of old shit. Sinatra. Louie Prima. Anita O'Day. Julie London. So I had to come up with some new stuff because the wife is complaining. But while I am cooking I call out my old faves. I don't want to listen to rock and roll so I often pick weird shit.

Ann Murray is a fave.

6 comments:

edutcher said...

Karen Carpenter, Anne Murray, the 70s, ghastly as they were, was the decade of sweet, mellow female voices.

Too bad Patsy Cline died young. She'd have been the Grande Dame of them all.

ampersand said...

Breaking News. Nathan Phillips was a veteran of the Battle of the Little Bighorn. Respect Y'all.

The Dude said...

What's more, he was a Wind Talker, too. Little known fact...

ricpic said...

Isn't Anne Murray one of those breathy sensitive Canadians? I can't figger her appeal to Troop. But then Troop's many men in one!

The Dude said...

Yeah, I only vaguely remember her or her music. I was all like "Who? Who!" But I always preferred blues and rock to mopey canucks. I'm lookin' at you, Neil Young!

ndspinelli said...

My wife is really into Shazam. We went out to dinner last night in San Diego and the Italian restaurant was playing opera. She made sure I knew every singer.