Monday, January 28, 2019

Tribe

I was reading the comments to the article on Legal Insurrection about Trump administration seeking Supreme Court review of Census Citizenship Question case and going along with my other mind interpreting the comments as you do then I encountered the word "tribe" and was stopped cold. The system for a word like that, some kind of encompassing group, already has double "t" configurations put togehter, detaching and circling around reconnecting forming a circle for the word "team" so I looked up the sign for "tribe." What a loser. I have to look it up. How have I missed it this long?

Ew, man I f'k'n hate it when I open the page and they fingerspell the word instead of showing the sign. I'm all, thank you very much for showing me how "tribe" looks when fingerspelled. I click off disgusted with them before they finish spelling it. That happens a lot. Because the signs I look for don't exist. Or else I'd most likely already know them. Why did they even offer? Why did it show in results? Why did they make a page for it? It's a sign dictionary, not a how-to-spell dictionary.

Second dictionary same thing.

I kept looking and found something new.

Care to see the most adorable thing ever? It's a new sign proposed by native Americans a few years ago. This is more interesting than the legal discussion about "all persons" being counted on the census. Coincidentally, a Constitutional matter written specifically for native Americans. There are two suggestions for new signs on the page.

Aw, bless.

I love seeing cute little kids showing signs. Obviously both are referring to face paint. The first shape, a flat "F"  at the cheek is already assigned for "cat." But the second one, a "V" shaped smudged backwards on the cheek is available. Therefore I'll use it for now on, boom, just like that, instantly internalized. Because it's so perfect.

No comments: