Sunday, January 27, 2019

How to make $100 K a year, if you wanted to

Microgreens.

John Kohler kills me. He's a force of nature. And his tautology takes an hour for something that can be expressed in five minutes with more redundancy than Egyptian hieroglyphs across videos and within videos.

Perhaps run on double speed would be better for internet viewing.

But he does explain everything. Everything. My first paper in college for a class about writing papers for college was similar to this video. I was pleased with an A on the paper, the final actually, to write our first college essay paper, and the professor wrote, "Good but a bit long."

And I sold five copies of my paper to fellow students.

It was about how to grow pot hydroponically. Way before all that became an industry. Years before companies offered hydroponic setups, developed new lighting and new micronutrients. Way before dedicated pot heads took all that to another whole level. Several levels actually beyond what I wrote.

The professor said we could write about anything, to choose something that we want to learn about. And that was the only thing outside of college that I did want to learn about back then at that time. But I checked with her anyway. When I asked the professor for permission to write about that she said, "Sure. Don't let the fact that my husband is a cop interfere with your thinking."

Okay. I won't.

I wrote about the plant, about it being a sexed plant, about horny female plants, about the stressing the plants, about seeds, soil, nutrients, altitudes and arid climates of original stocks,  the history of the plants, about light, about the nature of light, theories of light, artificial lights, before LEDs were invented, about photosynthesis, and containers watering, and nutrients and hydroponics. Apparently I went way overboard. The paper was nearly a book, a very thick pamphlet, just short of fifty pages. And now the subject has advanced light years beyond the material available to me back then. Now, true maniacs have taken over and do this legally inside rows of warehouses that stink up entire neighborhoods.

John is like that. You have to be interested to bear with him. He details every aspect of Larry's setup for microgreens.  Comments to his videos say, "You talk too much." Still, it's his nature and he doesn't change anything. He has over 1,000 videos on YouTube. I think he makes a video everyday.

Then after all that, viewers are offered the chance to set themselves up with everything needed to begin their own business for $1,200 when you've just had explained how to do all that in tremendous detail.

I'm not interested in starting a business. I just want to grow microgreens here for my own consumption. Another little hobby perhaps. One tray. Not 100 trays. Just a little thing for myself, not a business.

And in this video I see for the first time near the end when John interviews Larry that John is actually emotional. It's sweet when Larry says the thing that John has devoted his life to for the reasons John holds himself and his eyes turn red and glisten. What Larry said got him. This is their religion.

I think this video is interesting just to see the catechism of their shared religion.

No comments: