Monday, January 21, 2019

I missed you ...sorta


So I sorta missed youse guys because I haven't been on the internet much these last few months. Various reasons. Health. Being busy doing other stuff like trying to write. Mostly I have been idling away my time on my phone. Most of the time I am doing Instagram.


This requires a lot less time or effort than blogging. I can throw up a picture in five minutes and get a bunch of likes. Not many comments but it is not made for that. Most of my posts are about food. This one is when I made a sausage and ravioli meal. Fresh sausages with fennel from Pastosa and a fresh sauce. With gluten free ravioli. I go through all the steps as I set up a story. Here are the sauce and ravioli cooking on the stove.


I show the steps on each dish I make. Not as well as Chip does on his blog but in a rudimentary way that people can follow. I have a lot of gluten free people who follow me because I am cooking gluten and dairy free.

I always make sure I give them a photo of the final result.


I hover around 500 followers and I have to get that number up. I am going to use it to promote Lisa's new venture into selling crystals and other spiritual stuff on the website. Plus she is continuing with the shopping app which is taking years to take off. We might go right into Instagram Live or Facebook Live to make some sales. 

Anyhoo I will try to put up some more posts soon.

6 comments:

ampersand said...

Are you still living in Brooklyn?

windbag said...

Glad you're still around albeit sporadically.

chickelit said...

I’m trying to recreate an old lost spaghetti sauce recipe given to me by a friend’s mother. They lived in rural Piemonte. The basic recipe to make a tomato sauce in two parts: the cooked tomatoes and the oily part. The tomatoe part was whole tomatoes cooked down with generous chopped basil and some salt. Let that go for hours and hours — the longer the better. Before serving, separately sautée some onions, garlic, and fresh rosemary. There may have been other herbs and spices but I can’t remember. You combine the two right before serving. Can you suggest some flavor enhancers?

Chip? Muehler?

MamaM said...

I sorta miss you too Trooper York! I was back visiting the old TY blog yesterday, to see when I first started commenting there (Dec 2010!), and I was once again awed by all that went on. Huge threads, lots of back and forth, with some good stuff along with all the nonsense of things being and not being what they seemed.

Glad to hear you are still writing, cooking and hanging around, agitating and helping your other half.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

You can never go wrong with sausage in gravy!

Amartel said...

Glad you're in the area and focusing on health. Too much internet can be unhealthy.