Monday, August 27, 2018

Moisturizer

I re-learned the importance of moisturizer.

There I was studying away. A dining room chair pulled into the room with two deplorable brown pillows that came with the sofa but are too ugly to actually use. To elevate my legs and reduce ridiculous swelling. Then I puzzled as I was forced to notice the dark brown pillows are contrasting white powder. What is that stuff?

Oh my god! 

It's me.

I'm disintegrating.

A while back I read that millennials don't like using bar soap. They think soap is dirty. And that made me think they have a point. The imprint of the dove on the soap bar does get darker. And I'm tired of replacing those stupid little bars all the time. I don't like getting down to the sliver of soap. So I switched out for pump action. And now this. Flaking all over the place.

So I smeared up thickly with Vitamin E cream and I didn't know which was worse, dissolving to flakes or being a greased pig. I was slippery and slimy all over and smelled of lotion.

I smelled like a lady.

Untold hours later the lotion finally absorbed the odor less strong and I was no longer feeling reptilian. And my skin feels mah-vah-lous. Soft as a baby's bum. All over. [disclaimer: I have no idea how soft a baby's bum is. Babie's bums could be like 60-grit sandpaper for all I know. All red and pimply from diaper rash.]

I also switched out the pump soap to Ivory high moisturizer. The stuff comes in half gallon size so there'll be no more opening little soap boxes, no slivers of remnant soap bars.

It's a little bit of a shame in a way. I have the loveliest soap dishes in both bathrooms. Wanna see 'em? They belong in a soap dish museum. They're green. But even these get messy with soap.


8 comments:

edutcher said...

Sometimes you do need the moisture.

If you tend toward dry skin and your part of the universe keeps you inside for 4 - 5 months, it becomes somewhat of a necessity.

MamaM said...

I use Cabot P.O.L. Phospholipids Cream. It's expensive but not more than what I've paid out over the years buying and trying other creams that didn't work.

https://www.cooperlabscabotskinfitness.com/cabot-pol-cream/?utm_source=CSF&utm_campaign=Home-Page&utm_medium=POL-Box&utm_content=main-website

The Dude said...

That is the most totally excellent soap dish I have ever seen.

The Dude said...

Oh, and thanks for the shout out.

Chip Ahoy said...

Thanks for the link MamaM, I see that on Amazon and put it on my list. (They have a very good price.)

chickelit said...

You're soaking in it, Madge!

Chip Ahoy said...

Yikes! *reflexively whips fingers from soaking dish*

XRay said...

Those are beautiful soap dishes. When the humidity is 2 or 3 percent outside and you're an old fart you have to take precautions. I use Aveeno which is fairly cheap at Costco. I know, TMI, but the whole body gets wiped down. And it works.