Monday, August 13, 2018

meat and tomato

There's no food in heaven.

What?

Food is a function of corporeal existence. There is no such need in spiritual existence. Neither is there any need to go the bathroom for there is no residual portion from digestion.

Goddamnit.

There goes another thing worth living for.

Going to the bathroom?

No! Eating. Eating is worth living for. This simple meal is worth living for. Tomatoes in season are bliss. Honestly, this simple sandwich on homemade bread is to die for.

I meant to say live for.

The shavings of carefully cooked steak are tender as the tomato. The bread is perfect. This simple meal is heaven.


6 comments:

The Dude said...

I could eat that. I eat up to two tomatoes a year, and most of the time I have beef and bread as my main sources of sustenance. Perhaps I shall purchase my third tomato of 2018 - go big or go home, right?

edutcher said...

So that song about In Heaven There is No Beer is the truth.

How's 'bout ginger ale?

MamaM said...

One person's heavenly meal may wreak hell for another and that's the truth. However, it's good to hear you're enjoying yourself and eating what tastes good to you. As for no food in heaven, I think I'll be ok with that. Except for peaches. They're in season right now and I had three for breakfast.

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

If I have to go as a meal, let it be like this...

Eat Me.

XRay said...

Ha, what a perfect set-up for you, ELB. Careful there, sixty, next you'll be mainlining those mater's. MamaM - lol.

Great looking sandwich.

The Dude said...

XRay - perhaps I could ingest them more readily in IV form - never thought of that...