Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Sunrise

We are in for a bit of rain today so we have some clouds:


But here's the strange thing - two years ago I dropped my phone and the panorama feature in the camera stopped working. Also, when I rotated the phone to take a picture the resulting picture didn't have an anchor - I had to rotate the picture in an editor to get the horizon back to being horizontal. However, this morning as I was out taking pictures of the sunrise I noticed that the photos would rotate automatically when I went to send them to my email account. That's odd, thought I, so I tried the panorama feature - it's back! What the hey?

I did drop the phone the other day, but phones aren't Laurel and Hardy movies - you don't get a blow to the electronic brain, change drastically, then, as the result of a second blow, return to "normal". Yet that's what seems to have occurred. Very odd. I think I will ask some of my friends still in the integrated circuit business just what might have occurred. Seems fishy, but I will take it. Today's picture is in fact a panorama picture. Stunning, isn't it? Ha! Solid state accelerometers are not self healing, so I attribute the fix to supernatural forces.

1 comment:

deborah said...

She's no Diana Krall, either ;)