Friday, March 30, 2018

Tiny red crabs



There is a lot more to this if you care to see it.

Little kids are the best.

At the Butterfly Pavilion there is a room with unusual insects. One of the displays contains horrible large hairy spiders. The guide takes one out to show it is harmless. I ask, "Can one of us hold it?" I didn't care to hold it but I could tell the little boys did want to. The guide, a teenager himself, said, "Sure." I took a bunch of photos of butterflies, but this is my favorite shot of the whole place. The boy was thrilled to be able to touch the spider. The guide hovered nervously, his own hand right there, as if the boy would crush it.


1 comment:

ricpic said...

And if the "harmless" hairy spider should bite the kid, maybe inject a little venom? Big lawsuit against Butterfly Pavilion. But hey, another day another Darwin Award.