Sunday, February 11, 2018

strawberry milk

Help! I'm turning into my mother.

My mother would buy a strawberry milkshake while Barry and I would get chocolate. Barry and I taste-tested her strawberry and we both concluded they're not are not as good as chocolate milkshakes, a determination that lasted the rest of our lives.

Now look at me. Just look. Sometimes I do not understand what is happening.



It's good. 

I wish I hadn't let my childhood narrow mindedness prevent discovery for so long. 

8 comments:

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

So is Morir soñando.

Link

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

"Mix sugar and milk and stir until all the sugar has dissolved. Refrigerate until very cold. Add the ice to the milk and stir. Slowly pour the orange juice in the milk, stirring constantly. Serve immediately."

ampersand said...

My parents always bought Neopolitan ice cream. Everyone scooped out the vanilla and chocolate
and left the strawberry to rot.

ricpic said...

I used to drink vanilla malteds. I mean this was back in another life when I was young. I think I'd keel over if I drank something that super-rich today. Or at least have to go lie down for a while. Quite a while.

AllenS said...

Shouldn't you use cream? Cream is milk on steroids.

ndspinelli said...

Malteds are big in Wisconsin. I have always been partial to a strawberry shake myself.

Tank said...

A banana strawberry wouldn't hurt either. Bananas are remarkably sweet in shakes and go well with strawberries, peaches, cherries, etc.

Chip Ahoy said...

Allen, yes. (Ice cream, actually) This isn't a milkshake, it's just flavored milk. But surprisingly, it does get thicker like a milkshake. And it does taste better with a tiny amount of added sugar. But I didn't mention that.

I'm going to do this with blueberries too. Just blend them into milk.