Saturday, December 2, 2017

Cop in court shows K-Y jelly tube to man going to jail

Nineteen at the time, twenty-one now. Thin and slight, the sort of man considered a target for abuse in prison. He shot the cop making the taunt.

More details at The Blaze. I must say, I hate every word in the story. Every sentence gives me the creeps. And not just regular creeps. Severe creepy creeps. Because this is considered normal. People expect this. Prison is one thing but condemning a man to persistent butt rape is unconscionable. And yet here we are, considering ourselves right-minded people, while crowing about this extra unconstitutional punishment being appropriate.

I don't expect anyone to agree, the comments to this item at The Blaze are disgusting. It's sad. We cannot be friends. And now I'm self-isolated all over again.

Wait! I'm wrong. I let the story and the first few comments affect me. There are people who think and feel the same way, although they're still in the minority.

What is it with right wingers that makes this acceptable? Come on! I thought they were supposed to be Christians.

8 comments:

Chip Ahoy said...

My K and J keys stuck again.

Know what? For some reason, in editing, the post title no longer shows fully. The window is shrunken to one inch and the bottom half of the letters don't show. I think it'll be better to type the title in body so I can see it, then c/p it to the title window. Then erase it in the body. I had to do that a couple of times.

rcocean said...

Its not acceptable to this "Right wing Christian".

I don't find "Prison Rape" funny. In fact, I think its a violation of the prisoners civil rights and the I'm surprised someone hasn't sued over it.

Fr Martin Fox said...

I am not ok with it.

edutcher said...

It's not OK, but we all understand people in prison, especially on felonies, are not the cream of society. They're outlaws and they act like it. We're talking law of the jungle. The guards are usually not the best law enforcement has to offer, either. They let the bad guys sort it out for themselves.

As for the cop, the guy shot him, so it's a personal thing. You want to say he acted unprofessionally, you're right.

It all boils down to the old wheeze, "Don't do the crime if you can't do the time", for most of society. It isn't right, but it's the way people are.

bagoh20 said...

If everything wasn't illegal, it wouldn't bother me much that your fellow criminals on prison island treat you like they treat everyone else (as prey). But, the fact is that our society has made it impossible to feel safe that you are not violating one of the thousands of laws passed every year due to the all too common feeling that if you don't like something, it should be illegal. This is a major failing of Americans who do not sufficiently embrace what should make America exceptional: respect for individual freedoms.

What does suck is that you can be incarcerated for something nonviolent, and often for things that hurt no one, and you are forced to live in a box full of murderers and rapists. Now, if you are in there for rape, or murder, then by all means enjoy the love, and observe your new perspective on crime.

AllenS said...

Jay Leno told many a story about prison rape, and he thought it was funny. So did the audience. Not sure why anyone would think that prison rape is funny.

Saw the story earlier today, and refused to click on the link, and did not look this time either.

Amartel said...

Not okay! Also, not conservative.

Rabel said...

I finally got around to watching that and was amazed to find that the cop did it in court on the record. Completely unprofessional. Sort of like getting into a gun battle with your child in the car.

As for the comments, people like to sound tough when they're anonymous on the internet.

The tougher they sound, the more likely they are to be big pussies in person.

Like me, for example.