Friday, October 6, 2017

Stephen Seagal

This was not planned. Troop beat me to the punch honestly. I swear that I went looking for this video that I saw a couple of days ago then came back here to post it and then saw Troop already posted on this same subject. I dare you not to laugh at this guy's story about Stephen Seagal.

But first, a sidetrack.

A few days ago I made delicious cookies simply by throwing my favorite things into a bowl and I am well pleased with the result. They're delicious. All my favorite things that are right there at hand. Whip sugar into butter, include peanut butter, raisins, pecans and oatmeal. The raw dough was delicious. Then I thought, add baking soda to keep them a bit soft and chewy. I didn't measure anything except by scoops. The baking soda was drizzled on top of everything else, last thing added, estimating about two teaspoons in two little piles. However much I added was too much. After I ate four cookies I was farting all over the place big and loud for a full hour. Apparently the baking powder didn't react until it reached lower intestines. How gross.

But they're still delicious and I'm still eating them.

Today I told all this to two very elegant ladies. I expected them to chide me for rude language but when I said the word "fart" they both at once howled laughing, and didn't stop laughing. They were mirthful thereafter. The idea, the visualization, was just too hilarious to them, by violating decorum, I suppose. But that was not what I was trying to do. I was explaining why I didn't bring them any sample cookies because I didn't want to inflict that discomfort on them. They both told me, "Hey, ladies fart too, you should have brought us some."

That surprised me. I thought they would say, "Thanks for sparing us."

The video is about Stephen Segal being a huge fake. I did not know that either. I like all his movies that I've seen and I don't care if he's a bizarre personality. Ace ran a post about George Foreman challenging Stephen Seagal to a fight. He included a video about Hollywood people who have stories that show how fake Seagal is. When one video finishes another along the same lines cues up, then another, then another. Apparently a lot of people that Seagal works with have similar stories. One is about Stephen Seagal challenging a famous authentic boxer to put him into a chokehold. Seagal told him he has a move that prevents being choked out. One of the guys on the Joe Rogan radio show puts on voices for both subjects, Stephen Seagal and Gene Lebell. It's a funny story mostly by the way the person tells it. When that video finished this one cued up. The three comedians laughing as the story is being told is half of what makes it funny. There's just something universally funny for men and women about butt expulsions. It's not just hilarious for teenage boys.



So that's that.

This should be the end of the post, but I can't help it. 

Joe Rogan also mentions Bas Rutten. Now, I don't know who any of these people are. I should know, but I don't. So I look them up. Because I want to be with the "in" crowd that all know who all these boxers are. It's really not my thing, but they're having so much fun with it. They even know how each of them sounds and they imitate their voices. 

That's how I came to see this.

Bas Rutten, this is the meaning of my hand tattoos. 


Sorry. I just cannot help myself. This has nothing to do with farting. Maybe. 

I love it when people get tattoos in a foreign language that they don't speak or write. They have to trust the people doing it. So trusting. It's touching. It really is touching. I cannot make out the mess on the left hand but the sign on the right hand was on a list of some few thousand that I read a very long time ago. Decades ago. And it's seen in combinations a lot. It modifies a lot of concepts. For me, it sticks out because the leaning t and the three top pieces don't touch. Imagine drawing it. 

That does not mean "life force" I understand it to mean "mood." 

It means "spirit" in the sense of mood. It's used in combination for words such as "climate," "ambience," and "atmosphere"

As a suffix it means "seeming," giving the appearance of, giving one the feeling of. 

As a noun it means "sign," "indication," "trace," "touch" and "feeling." 

And many other similar words in English describe this sign along the lines of; nature, disposition and temperament. 

But not life force.

But that's okay, it works for Bas Rutten. It can mean whatever Bas Rutten wants it to mean. Who am I to dispute Bas Rutten's semiotic success?

2 comments:

deborah said...

You talk pretty

Trooper York said...

Great post chip.

Your cookies sound great.