Wednesday, June 28, 2017

What was the worst decision you saw someone else make?

Reddit top voted comments...

Some idiot I used to know was convinced pepper in the eye wasn't nearly as painful as people made it sound. We just watched him pour pepper in his open eyes and laughed when the screaming began

I witnessed my friend kick a skunk in order to get it away from him. Bad decision.

Saw someone else decide to cut off a bus as both were approaching a red light. I was on the bus. Driver said "Hold on, this guy's a fucking idiot." We slammed into the truck, truck slammed into the light post across the intersection.

When I was about 7 yrs old I was in the car with my parents, going across the bridge from Niagara Falls, Ontario to Niagara Falls, NY. The deadly Niagara River is right below. There was quite a wait due to traffic so we were pretty much stopped. A bunch of teenagers were goofing around. Hopping out of their car and play fighting, etc. One guy hopped up on the railing of the bridge and did a handstand. It was terrifying. His friends yelled at him and he hopped down. Then he did it again and fell over the railing to his death.

Was in Yosemite doing a hike up to the top of (I think) Vernal Falls.
Some kid from a large Church group decided to swim at the top in the (seemingly but not really) calm water at the top. I saw him get swept away and taken over the edge.
The water has been running over there for thousands of years so the rocks are smooth and there's no vegetation. There's literally nothing to grab a hold of if it happened to you. Was not in the mood to see a kid die that day. Read the signs and please stay the hell out of the water like you're told.

I had a friend ask another friend to shoot him with a blow dart. First the guy shot him in the leg, but my friend thought that was too easy (he was an overly confident marine reserve), so he asked him to shoot him in the side. The guy did and it punctured his lung, though he wouldn't admit it.

Then, trying to play it cool, he decided to "go home," when really he was "going to the hospital." We all followed him to his car trying to convince him to let one of us drive or call an ambulance, but he just kept saying nothing was wrong. He collapsed right as he unlocked his car and we had to call 911. He's fine, aside from his injured ego and dim wits.

A girl I know spent $50,000 on a wedding for a marriage that lasted 6 months.

12 comments:

The Dude said...

The signs above Nevada falls are unambiguous. They read, and I am paraphrasing here "If you swim in this water you will be swept to your death". Something like that. The first fall is close to 600 feet then you get swept over Vernal falls. Good thing is, you are dead by that point.

ampersand said...

My boss's daughter married a guy who was in the service and stationed in Italy. The day after the big wedding the couple flew to Italy where the groom introduced his bride to his live in girlfriend. He expected the three of them to live happily ever after. The bride caught the first flight back.

Chip Ahoy said...

Read the signs and please stay the hell out of the water like you're told.

Great story there, now stfu.

Weatherman this morning did the same thing. Guy dies white water rafting, we all get white water rafting lecture.

edutcher said...

A guy who got a woman pregnant and married her.

Methadras said...

Almost every time someone says, "Hold my beer!!" is a time that it never ends well.

AllenS said...

Hold my beer = famous last words.

ndspinelli said...

"Hold my beer..WATCH THIS!"

bagoh20 said...

Instead of saying "I do." at weddings People should say the more appropriate "Hold my beer, and watch this", becuase my answer for this question would be a number of weddings I've seen go bad. As Nancy Reagan would say, "Just say NO."

Trooper York said...

I once saw a guy disrespect Punchy Illiano in a bar.

He really regretted it.

ricpic said...

"What's with women and killer cost weddings?" he asked cluelessly.

Chip Ahoy said...

"It's very princessy," he remarked rubbing his chin knowingly.

The Dude said...

I saw a guy with a crow bar punch Frank Disrespetto in Illinois once.