Thursday, February 16, 2017

"What trait do you most resent your parents for passing onto you?"

Reddit top voted comments...

I was arguing with my mom and realized I was talking just like my Dad. Then when I was arguing with my Dad I realized I was talking just like my mom. It's a really horrifying realization.

Male pattern baldness, with hair loss starting at 20 years old. (Expletive deleted)

All of my grandparents and their parents had severe dementia as they grew old.

My mom has beautiful olive toned skin that I've never seen have a blemish or sunburn.
My dad, on the otherhand, has the splotchy red skin of an Irishman that burns if he thinks about the opening sequence of The Lion King too hard.
Guess whose genes I inherited?

Really sweaty hands 

No discipline...I never had any rules growing up, my parents always had some late bill they had to pay, plans were always up in the air...I had to learn a lot of things from my own experience whether i was ready for it or not.

10 comments:

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

"The capacity for pointless resentment" should head the list.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

I can't think of anything... and maybe that's it right there... I can't think of anything.

edutcher said...

Skepticism..

john said...

My seemingly infinite capacity for goodness. Sometimes I wish I wasn't so caring.

AllenS said...

Nothing. I never listened to them.

Leland said...

So dementia late in life runs in my family too, but resentment? Nope. They had to deal with it too.

bagoh20 said...

Overwhelming genetic superioriority.... and grate spellin skils.

It makes people ecspect to much from me.

AllenS said...

I've noticed that my forehead is growing.

rcocean said...

Male pattern baldness.

Michael Haz said...

Not one thing.