You don't even have to tell me to vote against State busting a move on cigarette smokers, for their own good, of course, supporters knowing so much more than citizens themselves about what's good for them and what goes against their best longterm interests. Even when they are right. Rather because they are sanctimoniously right. Smacking people around where they feel it the most, pow, right in their pocket books to drive their point, pushing around the lower echelons because they can, because they're more powerful, more knowledge about how things like this are done, and more obsessed with the business of other people, because they're on the right side of history, is obnoxious. And then presuming to do so in such a way, engaging their co-power players, their co-sponsors pulling their legal power moves, that gives even more money and more power to unworthy unaccountable agencies is all flatly unacceptable and deserves a punch in the nose. Expect to be disappointed, all you collective smart asses.
I don't want to hear it!
Spare me your tautology for people with ears for it. Not me. And go to hell.
And while you're at it just suck my ... pull my finger.
Ew, I hate you so much. You're obnoxious obsessions make me hate you.
All you other guys didn't even have to tell me to vote no, you're all nearly just as bad. You needn't fill my mailbox with your own insistences. I come preloaded with F to the fuck no!
All of this all at once. Get out of my mailbox already.
Colorado currently devotes a majority of its taxes on cigarettes to health-related programs, and Amendment 72 would more than triple the per-pack tax and pass along the proceeds to a similar variety of efforts.
Who sponsored this pile of horse shit anyway? Let's see who the sanctimonious control freaks are. I need to know whom never to invite to dinner, nor from whom to never accept an invitation. I'm expecting a handful of A-type lawyers. The kind that lobby for an half an hour to decide which restaurant to go then another half hour for which route to drive there, and another half hour for who drives with whom, and then opts out at the last minute. That's no exaggeration, that actually happened.
And you know what? That guy died of ass cancer.
I shouldn't have mentioned that because I'm supposed to be sad. But frankly, that one singe incident overrides all that preceded it.
According to Ballotpedia.org, here are the sponsors.
▪ Gov. John Hickenlooper
(Colorado Public Radio, “Governor Backs Minimum Wage And Tobacco Tax Hikes, Medically Assisted Death,” September 29, 2016)
Is that all? Thank you Colorado legislators for not jumping on this bandwagon. Good Lord, Hickenlooper is for all the wrong things. Don't look at me, I didn't vote for the guy.
▪ All Kids Covered
▪ Alzheimer's Association of Colorado
▪ American Academy of Pediatrics - Colorado
▪ American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
▪ American Heart Association
▪ American Lung Association in Colorado
▪ American Stroke Association
▪ Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids
▪ Caring for Colorado Foundation
▪ Colorado Academy of Family Physicians
▪ Colorado Access
▪ Colorado Association of School Nurses
▪ Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council
▪ Colorado Education Association
▪ Colorado Center on Law and Policy
▪ Colorado Chapter of the American College of Emergency Physicians
▪ Colorado Children’s Campaign
▪ Colorado Coalition for the Medically Underserved
▪ Colorado Consumer Health Initiative
▪ Colorado Community Health Network
▪ Colorado Dental Association
▪ Colorado Fiscal Institute
▪ Colorado Health Providers Alliance
▪ Colorado Hospital Association
▪ Colorado Nonprofit Association
▪ Colorado Medical Society
▪ Colorado Providers Association
▪ Colorado Psychiatric Society
▪ Colorado Public Health Association
▪ Colorado Radiological Society
▪ Colorado Society of Osteopathic Medicine
▪ CREA Results
▪ Denver Health and Hospital Authority
▪ Denver Medical Society
▪ Denver Public Health Department
▪ Disabled American Veterans
▪ E-9ers Association of Colorado
▪ Eating Disorder Foundation
▪ Good Samaritan Medical Center
▪ Group to Alleviate Smoking Pollution (GASP)
▪ Healthier Colorado
▪ Honor Bell Foundation
▪ LCW Post 1 American Legion
▪ Los Servicios de La Raza
▪ March of Dimes
▪ Mile High Military Officers Association of America
▪ Military Officers Association of America Council of Chapters
▪ Military Order of the Purple Heart Department of Colorado
▪ Mountain Family Health Centers
▪ National Jewish Health
▪ National Pathfinders Association
▪ New Era
▪ Oral Health Colorado
▪ Paralyzed Veterans of America, Mountain States Chapter
▪ Project Sanctuary
▪ Public Health Nurses Association of CO
▪ Rocky Mountain Navy
▪ Servicios de La Raza
▪ Team Equine Steps Foundation
▪ United Veterans Committee
▪ Veterans of Foreign Wars Post #1
▪ Centura Health
▪ Children’s Hospital Colorado
▪ Clinica Family Health
▪ Clinica Tepeyac
▪ Community Health Provider Alliance
▪ Craig Hospital
▪ Delta Dental of Colorado
▪ Denver Community Health Services
▪ Health One
▪ High Plains Community Health
▪ Lutheran Medical Center
▪ Marillac Clinic, Inc.
▪ Mental Health Colorado
▪ Metro Community Provider Network
▪ Platte Valley Medical Center
▪ Peak Vista Community Health Center
▪ Pueblo Community Health Center
▪ Pueblo Triple Aim Corporation
▪ Rio Grande Hospital
▪ River Valley Family Health Center
▪ Rocky Mountain Fisher House
▪ Saint Joseph Medical Center
▪ Salud Family Health Center
▪ SCL Health
▪ St. Mary's Medical Center
▪ Summit Community Care Clinic
▪ Sunrise Community Health
▪ Uncompahgre Medical Center
Wow. That's a LOT more than I anticipated. All these people despise freedom. All these people will gladly price cigarettes unreasonably and beyond reach for poor, and all to satisfy their own arrogant sanctimonious superior knowledge, understanding and comprehension of what happens to one's body when they smoke. They're all perfectly willing to kick around the bums on the street to drive their current obsessions, to kick the downtrodden, and when they are finished, when this obsession is satisfied, they move onto the next in their queue of obsessions. For they operate by triage of compulsive busybody obsessions. There is no permanent satisfaction. Just the smugness that comes with forcing the right humanitarian issues.
I didn't realize until just now exactly how much fascist impulse drives the healthcare personality type. The disgust they must feel when they see someone smoking must be intense.
A few days ago I walked over to BurgerFi, this was right before the young man came out of nowhere behind me in the darkness and yanked the door open while I was pulling it and pulling me off balance causing me to yelp, which he took for me being frightened by his sudden appearance. Right before that, the only person I saw was a tall man walking toward me and then as we passed he stopped and addressed me directly, "Do you have a cigarette I can buy from you?"
"Sorry, Pal, I don't have anything like that."
Cigarettes are already so expensive they're exchanged singularly at street level. All these medical control freaks, even the VFW!, even the military officers associations!, will have them priced out of reach for the poor. That is their aim, their desire, to price cigarettes beyond reasonable reach for the bottommost tier. What a bunch of freaking freaks.