Tuesday, October 18, 2016

An American Patriot Stands Alone



Daily Mail October 18, 2016


\
A college football player from Illinois ended up being the only person on his team who stood to honor the national anthem as it played before a game.


The rest of Conor Brewer's team mates remained in the locker room, following in the footsteps of NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick of the San Francisco 49ers.

Kaepernick sat down and then crouched on his knees during the anthem for what he said was to a silent protest to show support for minorities who were being oppressed in the United States and to take a stand against police brutality. 
Despite his loyalty to his college football team, Brewer felt that loyalty to his country came above everything else and so took his place on the sidelines. 




A spectator captured the moving site of Brewer respectfully 
 standing as the Star-Spangled Banner played. 

The community has been deeply divided over the actions of the team, however the University, defended its players in a liberal fashion saying it was respecting the team's 'voice'.

Brewer has said that he does not wish to speak to the media until he talks to his football team and coach.
'I'm very supportive of Millikin sport programs, I'm very supportive of the college as a whole, I've lived here my whole life, however in this instance, I believe they have dropped the ball.' said Jewell Young to WAND-TV

'If some don't agree with the National Anthem, then they should stay in the locker room and come out when it begins. I don't think the whole team should have to stay in because I don't think the whole team feels that way.' 


According to WAND-TV some Millikin fans say they will no longer come to games while the players remain in the locker room.

The team have defended themselves in a  statement that was published in the Herald-Review. 

'Rather than have our message be misunderstood or misconstrued, we are united in our decision to stay in the locker room until kickoff during which time we will engage in a moment of reflection to personally recognize the sacrifice of so many and renew our commitment to living up to those most important words: "with liberty and justice for all."

'Please let there be no doubt that we have the utmost respect for the sacrifice made by those who served or do serve in our armed forces, including many of our family and friends,' the football team wrote.

'Therefore, it is our desire to do nothing that could be viewed as disrespectful of their sacrifice.'
University president Patrick White also sprung to the defense of the football squad.

'We all need to listen to voices and opinions different from our own and listen with our hearts and minds awake to difference,' White wrote.

'When the issues involve race and justice and differing contentions of what patriotism mean, all of us can stand more education.'

 (Here is a kid who is standing up for America. For the firefighters and cops and soldiers and sailors and the people who honor the flag wiith their sacrifice. Imagine the balls it took to defy his coaches and the commie professors and all the rest of the team. Especially the BLM shitheads who started this nonsense. Now I remember how the league made a big deal out of drafted a gay dude who had no business being in the league. I wish a team would draft this kid and give him a chance to play a couple of downs in a preseason game. He won't make the team just like that phony butt wrangler. But maybe some suck ass NFL team will use the opportunity to show where there heart is. But I wont hold my breath. )

15 comments:

windbag said...

And the left thinks the locker room pussies are the brave ones in this scenario.

john said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
john said...

If I read it right, this was a decision that came down from the administration. If the football team felt cowed by the coaches not to come out, and Brewer stood up and announced he was going, that's one thing. It's him against everyone now, and I wish him the best and I hope he's a starter. If he just walked out there without announcing it, then I'll bet next week he will be joined by half his teammates

Evi L. Bloggerlady said...

He did the right thing. It is sad this is an issue at all.

Trooper York said...

I think it was one kid with balls. I wish some vets and cops and fireman would go and stand with him on the sideline.

But you know what? I bet he gets suspended by the school. Or his coaches. That is the America we live in today.

This took a lot of balls for a college kid to do thats for sure.

Trooper York said...

Think about it. Would you have done this when you were in college.

I remember when I was in college and had to take a stand.

There was a problem in the cafeteria. It seems that was some political bullshit. You know Watergate bullshit. These lib cocksuckers demanded that the TV be on the hearings nonstop. So I led a walk out.

We all went to have our lunch at the strip club. The Doll House on Murray Street.

My proudest moment from my college days.

edutcher said...

Quality always comes out.

It's one of the big problems the Left has. It depends on a herd mentality and sheep and cattle don't count for much on their own.

bagoh20 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
bagoh20 said...

"Think about it. Would you have done this when you were in college."

It depends. First, I need to know: WWTD?

Eric the Fruit Bat said...

There's a lot of spectacle before a soccer game. I fast forward through it. But I've seen enough to know that the teams march onto the field single-file, in parallel. Each player holds the hand of some kid, who I assume won some sort of contest. I don't know whether they play the national anthem before the game but everybody on the field, everybody in the stands, they are all heroes, they are all patriots, all of them, each and every single one of them and I salute them all. I honor their sacrifice. All of them.

The Dude said...

They play soccer. They are idiots.

Known Unknown said...

"They play soccer. They are idiots."

I play soccer. It's fucking hard. Especially if you're a midfielder -- you're running nonstop. It's also surprisingly rough. I took a shot to my ribs two months ago on a corner kick and I'm still sore.

Known Unknown said...

I find it hard to believe that the team is actually in the locker room during the anthem. Aren't they out warming up before that?

I think the coach is irresponsible not to have his players out on the field ready to play anthem standing or not.

Trooper York said...

The coach obviously doesn't care about anything other than keeping his job with a social justice warrior administration. He is not worried about warm ups. The anthem is right before the coin toss and the kickoff. So going into the locker room is going to cool off the team.

But so what. Showing disrespect to America is all that counts these days.

The Dude said...

@EMD - the prosecution rests.