Monday, May 16, 2016

Transplant appears to come off well


 
NYT BREAKING NEWS
A cancer survivor has received the first penis transplant in the U.S. "I want to go back to being who I was," he said.


A man whose penis was removed because of cancer has received the first penis transplant in the United States, at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston.
Thomas Manning, 64, a bank courier from Halifax, Mass., underwent the 15-hour transplant operation on May 8 and 9. The organ came from a deceased donor.
“I want to go back to being who I was,” Mr. Manning said on Friday in an interview in his hospital room. Sitting up in a chair, happy to be out of bed for the first time since the operation, he said he felt well and had experienced hardly any pain.
Read more »

8 comments:

Michael Haz said...

For Manning's sake, let's hope the donor wasn't Irish.

The Dude said...

Or alive.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

It could an interesting story, how the donation was congured up by the donating party.

When I die I want leave my penis to science. A tax deferred endowment?

Asking for a friend.

ndspinelli said...

I have ~10 ball busts of someone here in my head. But, I'll forego them so as not to upset the special snowflake.

I will ask edutcher who remains old school, what do you call a woman who likes small dicks?

The Blonde

ndspinelli said...

Lem, Just leave your penis to a struggling electrical contractor, they always need light switches.

edutcher said...

Was it enhanced with Enzyte?

Methadras said...

Michael Haz said...

For Manning's sake, let's hope the donor wasn't Irish.

Blogger Sixty Grit said...

Or alive.


or Asian with small hands.

ampersand said...

Unfortunately assistant Igor grabbed the wrong jar. Manning now has the penis of Orlac,the pianist. Beware!