Saturday, April 30, 2016

KLEM FM

7-2-78
Below towering Clark Peak I paused on bridge crossing a swollen melt creek. As I leaned on the rail watching the the water rush swiftly away, I could see in it my life's past moments like a rushing river passing through me and vanishing never to be relived. At that moment I turned about to face the oncoming deluge of foamy water. Here was the future! It was the part of the river flowing from who knows where. I knew I couldn't really get to its source but would have to wait for each wave to pass through and then it would swirl off to someplace just as illusive.

4 comments:

chickelit said...

I read that Stevie Nicks was inspired by mountains to write her song. I asked myself whether I had ever been inspired by mountains and it turns out that I was a very long time ago.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

Good writing Chick.

Lem the artificially intelligent said...

This guy claims Bruce Springsteen sped up to 45rpm he sounds EXACTLY like Stevie Nicks...

I don't think that's true

Link

Rabel said...

It's not too late, Stevie. I'm still here. I'm still waiting. Sure, there's a little issue with the weight problem, but I can work around it. I promise.